Below are the primary continuing education requirements for nurses licensed in Connecticut. Please visit the Connecticut Board of Examiners for Nursing CE (continuing education) page for more information.
RN/LPN: None (some employers may have requirements)
- APRNs licensed after October 1, 2014, must complete 50 hours of CE every 2 years
- 5 hours must be in pharmacotherapeutics
- At least 2 hours of training must address mental health conditions common to veterans and family members of veterans.
- Must complete at least 1 hour in the following topics:
- Risk Management
- Sexual Assault
- Domestic Violence
- Cultural Competency
- Substance abuse, including, but not limited to, prescribing controlled substances and pain management
Incredible Health offers ANCC-accredited continuing education courses for nurses in all 50 states, 100% free and online. The Connecticut Board of Examiners for Nursing accepts courses that are ANCC accredited.
[ MORE: Average nurse salary in Connecticut ]
Connecticut Department of Health Practitioner Licensing & Investigations Section
Board of Examiners for Nursing
Phone: (860) 509-7603
Fax: (860) 509-8457
Attention all correspondence to the profession in which you are interested.
Email: [email protected]
The office is not open to visitors who do not have an appointment. There is a dropbox if you need to turn something in.
410 Capitol Ave, MS#12PHO
PO Box 340308
Hartford, CT 06134-0308
Earn your CEUs free
Our easy online CE courses are ANCC-accredited and 100% free for nurses.