Registered Nurse (RN) - Internal Medicine Telemetry Unit
Seeking a Telemetry Registered Nurse for a permanent, full-time role at a major hospital system in the New Orleans area.
* Effectively uses the Nursing Process in the delivery of patient care.
* Assesses learning needs and implement teaching strategies appropriate for the diverse needs of the patient, family and other groups or disciplines.
* Utilizes data, information and knowledge to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
* Embraces mindset focused on customer satisfaction, employee morale, and improvement in the profession of nursing.
* Adapts behavior to the specific patient population, including but not limited to: respect for privacy, method of introduction to the patient, adapting explanation of services or procedures to be performed, requesting permissions and communication style.
* Other basic tasks expected of an RN in a Telemetry role.
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Current RN License in the state of Louisiana
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association
* Preferred - Certification in clinical specialty area
* Computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
* Proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
* Ability to present information clearly and professionally, both verbally and written.
* Good organizational skills.
* Good time management skills and self-directed.
* Demonstrates good judgement.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to sustain periods of physical activity including walking, lifting, standing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401(k) and 403(b)
* Student loan and tuition assistance
* Paid holidays
* Employer-paid term life insurance & Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
* Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)/Work-life Program
* Short-term and long-term disability