Department Manager, RN
Seeking a Department Manager, RN for a permanent position at a major hospital system in the San Francisco Bay Area.
* Manages the operations of 24-hour departments. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
* Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards.
* Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
* Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources.
* Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
* Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures.
* Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
* 5+ years in experience in both patient care and management/leadership roles
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing
* Valid California nursing license
* Current BLS certification required
* Healthcare coverage
* Tuition assistance
* Professional development and career advancement opportunities