Registered Nurse - Home Health
Seeking a Registered Nurse - Home Health for permanent roles at top hospitals across Pennsylvania.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Assesses the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, safety and environmental needs of assigned patients on the initial visit and reassesses same on each subsequent visit.
* Develops a written plan of care in accordance with the patient’s diagnosis, and family needs, physician orders, and the corporate policies and procedures. Coordinates the development of this plan with other disciplines providing care for patient.
* Utilizes appropriate disciplines and community resources for optimum patient care.
* Modifies the written plan of care as necessitated by changes in patient’s condition.
* Notifies physician and other care agencies of changes in patient’s condition and care needs and obtains new orders, as needed.
* Administers nursing care in accordance with the established plan of care. This may include but is not limited to therapeutic treatment, teaching, counseling and supervising patient and/or caregivers in performing specific procedures.
* Performs case management functions, when assigned as primary clinician.
* Documents observations, assessments, interventions of visits, phone calls, and conferences in the patient’s clinical record on a timely basis and legible manner. Submits documentation according to agency guidelines.
* Discharges the patient when appropriate, notifying the physician and Manager. Instructs the patient and/or family how to access necessary follow-up.
* Provides both direct care and telephone consultation on a rotating basis as assigned, twenty-four hours a day as directed.
* Functions as a member of an inter-disciplinary team, encouraging and maintaining open communications at all times.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
* 1+ year acute care experience
* Registration and current RN license in PA
* Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
* Ability to sustain physical demands such as: lifting/carrying 11 to 25 lbs; prolonged standing/walking; occasionally lifting, positioning, pushing and/or transferring patients; considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
* Sign-on incentives for new employees
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Life and accidental death insurance
* Retirement savings plan
* Paid time off (PTO)
* Educational assistance