This position is responsible for assisting and supporting the company’s
compliance department in overseeing the implementation and operations of the
day-to-day management of the company’s compliance program and ensuring that
the program is designed to meet the latest legal and regulatory requirements
pertaining to the companies’ lines of business. This position supports the
Compliance Director, Chief Compliance Officer, the compliance department, and
the core business and operational functions of AIS HealthCare-related business
entities. The Compliance Manager will also support senior management, company
pharmacists and nurses, and other stakeholders to ensure understanding of and
compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations and licensure
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A bachelor’s degree is required with at least five (5) years of relevant
health care compliance experience (pharmacy compliance experience is
preferred). Paralegal background is strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports and enforces the organization’s compliance program.
* Provides guidance on various departments regarding compliance issues and implementation of new compliance requirements with respect to regulatory and contractual requirements.
* Develops, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the compliance program.
* Oversees the development, maintenance, and revision of policies and procedures manual for the organization.
* Manages the compliance management systems and directs compliance issues to appropriate departments for investigation and resolution.
* Responds to alleged violations of regulations, policies, procedures, and Code of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
* Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid recurrence of same or similar issues in the future.
* Ensures that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
* Supports compliance auditor with planning and conducting operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls.
* Conduct research on compliance topics, including but not limited to privacy, federal regulations, pharmacy and nursing laws, state laws and related publications for known risk areas.
* Works with counsel and Chief Compliance Officer to identify all legal and regulatory requirements and legislative updates applicable to all of the company’s business lines and keeps up to date in changes the regulatory requirements. Including:
o Federal and state laws and regulations regarding compounding and pharmacy
o Federal and state laws and regulations regarding nursing and home health
o Federal and state laws and regulations regarding Anti-Kickback Statue (AKS).
o Fraud, waste and abuse laws
o Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
* Supports compliance and regulatory tasks in mergers, acquisitions, consolidations, etc.
* Obtains and maintains all licenses necessary to carry out the company’s business activities
* Prepares material for board and executive committee meetings.
* Interacts with others in a positive, respectful, and considerate manner.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
* Strong written, communication, and research skills.
* Working knowledge of compliance terminology, laws, rules, and regulations.
* Ability to make decisions, solve problems, and work independently with little supervision.
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Demonstrate excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
* Demonstrate extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in the workplace.
* Strong computer skills.
* Knowledge in the use of Microsoft applications.