REGISTERED NURSE (RN)
AMERICAN ADDICITION CENTERS GREENHOUSE TREATMENT CENTER
If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your career and an
opportunity to make a difference in helping others, then keep reading on. Here
at Greenhouse, we have a progressive culture; we listen to your ideas, value a
work/life balance, invest in education, and we foster trust and respect for
all individuals. Our exceptional comp and strong benefits include company
matching 401K, employee stock purchase program, 6-week paid maternity,
paternity leave, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking
for our future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications for
this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations. Be a part of a
team whose mission is to provide quality, compassionate, and innovative care
to adults struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
Our purpose and passion are to empower patients, their families, and our
communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal wellness of
the mind, body, and spirit.
* Calls the appropriate team member (physician on call) with all non-life threatening medical and medication issues to obtain guidance regarding his plan of action for the client. In the event of a life threatening emergency, all staff members are authorized to contact emergency services by dialing 911.
* Identifies client care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements Treatment Plans as appropriate.
* Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to clients and families.
* Promotes client’s independence by establishing client care goals, teaching client to understand condition, medications and self-care requirements; answering questions.
* Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against client care goals and standards; performing nursing functions, vital signs, bed checks, making or recommending necessary adjustments; following philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse act, and other governing agency regulations.
* Resolves client problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
* Communicates patient information to medical and clinical staff.
* Collects information on the patients being admitted and completes the admission process in the EMR.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
* Protects clients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
* Documents patient care services by charting in client EMR and department records.
* Completes patient Progress notes each shift.
* Administers medications as per physician orders.
* Maintains continuity among teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains nursing supplies and medication inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders for supplies.
* Adheres to infection control policies.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
* Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care team by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem solving methods.
* Follows Sunrise House Policies and Procedures.
* Communicates detox bed count information to the Admission department.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree .
* Current RN License in State of operations required.
* CPR and First Aid Certified.
* Knowledge of addiction and drug treatment preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
* Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
American Addiction Centers/Sunrise House is committed to principles of equal
opportunities for all employees. The Company will provide reasonable
accommodations that are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Per Diem
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $0.00 per hour
* nursing: 2 years (Preferred)
* EMR systems: 2 years (Preferred)
* addiction recovery or mental health: 1 year (Preferred)
* BLS, ACLS (Preferred)
* Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)
* Other forms
* Health insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Retirement plan
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Specialty hospital
* Current State Nursing License
Completed license needed:
* Upon starting work
* Not listed / Other
Nurse Patient Ratio:
* 12 hours
* Monday to Friday
* Weekends required
* Holidays required
* Day shift
* Night shift
* 12 hour shift
* On call
* Overnight shift