The Digestive Health Center of Central Park is an independent ambulatory
surgery center that offers comfortable care and transparent pricing for a
variety of GI procedures, such as an upper endoscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy,
and colonoscopy. Plus, our procedures allow patients to pay less than a
hospital would charge.
We are currently searching for a full-time Charge Nurse to work Mondays –
Fridays who can work cooperatively with staff and physicians and perform a
variety of tasks. Major responsibilities include:
* Works collaboratively with center leadership on the supervision and direction of nursing care and patient scheduling, according to center policies, procedures and objectives
* Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions, and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors, the general public, and physicians
* Analyzes and evaluates nursing care to improve quality of care given
* Coordinates patient-care activities with surgeons and anesthesia providers to provide continuity of patient care
* Assists Center staff in identifying and solving problems
* Participates in primary care of patients as needed and oversees clinical areas to verify that patient needs are met
* Enforces nursing practice standards and licensing/accreditation rules and regulations to provide quality patient care
* Work collaboratively with scheduling personnel to coordinate procedure scheduling
* Serves as a liaison between patients, families, and the healthcare team to promote quality patient care
* Recommends revision of patient-care policies and procedures as necessary to conform to accepted principles and practices
* Responds to emergency situations and maintains competency
* Oversees all nursing activities during emergencies to ensure patient needs are met
* Manages optimal patient and staff flow to prevent opportunities for healthcare acquired and surgical site infections
* Analyzes clinical documentation to ensure Center’s policies/procedures are followed
* Supports and directs services provided based on policies and procedures, accreditation, and regulatory requirements
* Monitors FTE utilization and makes recommendations to promote cost-effective scheduling practices
* Assists with comprehensive and informative orientation programs for new clinical employees
* Recommends continuing education opportunities for clinical staff to Center Leader. Assists in providing education as requested
* Shares knowledge gained in continuing education with staff
* Assists with preparation of clinical staffing schedules in accordance with vacations, holidays, daily personnel assignments and duties according to experience and skill level to provide quality patient care; reviews and adjusts assignments as needed based on daily activity
* Performs daily payroll edits and assists the Center Leader with payroll approvals
* Ensure staff are cross-trained (as appropriate) to provide a productive and efficient work environment across all clinical areas. Reviews daily time and attendance sheets and maintains attendance logs (as required)
* Observes and evaluates the performance of all clinical personnel and works to continuously improve the quality of care and services
* Works with Center Leader to evaluate suggestions, grievances, and processes to identify opportunities to improve performance and quality of care
* Interprets and enforces established Center policies and procedures
* Assist in maintaining employee files and making sure licenses and educational training (ACLS, CPR) are up-to-date. Responsible for annual competencies of technicians.
* Promotes adherence to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities.
* Works with Center Leader to implement best practices and regulations adopted, to ensure safety in the workplace
* Monitor the Center’s clinical environment and discuss with the Center Leader methods for maintaining safety, comfort, cleanliness, and efficiencies
* Oversees the care, cleaning, high-level disinfection, sterilization, and required maintenance of instruments, supplies, and equipment to maintain proper working conditions
* Identifies and evaluates need for items relative to trends, center personnel requests, and positive patient outcomes.
* Reports deficiencies to Center Leader
* Able to identify and report deficiencies in services of contracted providers (e.g., pathology, radiology, housekeeping) to Center Leader
* Works with the Safety Officer to resolve observed or suspected safety violations and hazards to ensure policy/procedure compliance
* Submit information to Center Leader for issues related to healthcare risk manager, for preparation of risk management reports
* Ensures OSHA requirements are met by healthcare team and necessary supplies are readily available
Financial and Materials Management:
* Promotes cost containment and efficient use of center resources
* Analyzes clinical areas and makes recommendations on purchasing equipment and supplies to provide optimum patient care within budget allowances
* Assists in the development and implementation of capital and operating budgets (as required)
* Provides and controls materials, supplies, and equipment needed for the successful operation of the procedure suite.
* Supervisory back up to the Center Leader with ultimate authority of those administrative and leadership duties in the absence of the Center Leader
* Serves as recognized leader and supervisor of all Center operations, personnel, etc.
* Serves on QAPI Committee and assists Director in QAPI activities and reporting
* Registers with regulatory required websites as a back up to Center Leader to report quality data.
* Is able to gather reports off of GIQuIC for reporting of Quality Measures
You must possess a:
* Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing
* One (1) year of nursing experience, preferably, in an ambulatory surgery center
* CPR certification/ACLS or willing to obtain ACLS certification
* Strong ethical and moral character references
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Now! Come Join our Team! We offer Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and
Plus Work/Life balance by Paid Time Off