Will vary; Mornings, Evenings and some Saturdays
The mission of the Department of Nursing at Arizona College is to prepare
professional nurse leaders who are skilled in problem-solving, are responsive
to the health needs of diverse cultures, and provide high quality, safe and
compassionate evidence-based care that enhances quality of life for
individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations.
Department of Nursing efforts are supported by resources, facilities and a
highly motivated, qualified faculty who facilitate academic success and
application of learning within an educational environment that nurtures
professionalism, demonstrates commitment to systematic assessment and
evaluation of program outcomes, incorporates processes for program
improvement, and optimizes student learning and success in service to the
preparation of graduates with entry-level knowledge and skills needed to
address evolving healthcare needs of people in a changing healthcare
1. Responsible for teaching and evaluating students in the classroom and
2. Designs an effective learner environment that facilitates student learning
to address contemporary issues in nursing.
3. Support learner’s progression in academics and socialization into the role
4. Utilizes an array of assessment tools to evaluate learner knowledge and
progression in cognitive, psychomotor, and affective skills.
5. Actively participates in systematic plan for curriculum design and program
6. Assumes a change agent and leadership role in education and nursing
7. Recognizes the role of a nurse educator and pursue continuous quality
8. Effectively functions within an educational environment that fosters
student learning and engagement in nursing practice.
9. Performs other related duties as requested by the dean.
Light Work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10
pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to
move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of
forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the
time, the job is rated for light work.
Visual Acuity: Position requires close visual acuity to perform activities
(i.e. preparing/analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer
monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small
parts, and/or operation of machines; using measurement devices; and/or
assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes).
Work Environment: Moderate noise.
Environmental Conditions: Typical office or administrative conditions (i.e.
not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Masters Degree in Nursing or Doctorate Degree in Nursing or related
discipline from an accredited college.
2. Minimum three years experience as a professional nurse providing direct
3. Previous teaching experience in a registered nurse education program.
4. Holds a current Texas Registered Nurse license in good standing or multi-
state privilege to practice in Texas.
5. Certified Nurse Educator preferred.