Speech Therapist- HH
Location: Sacramento, CA
In accordance with agency policy and state/federal regulations, provides
independent, age-appropriate speech therapy evaluation and treatment to
patients in their place of residence. Teaches patient/family and caregivers
preventative and rehabilitative procedures. Develops and coordinates the plan
of care and provides case management.
* Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction.
* Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve established goals. Provides instruction and education to patient, family and caregivers.
* Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patients towards goals, and the need to modifying goals and treatment.
* Initiates discharge planning for speech therapy. Implements the plan of care through direct treatment of patient, delegates a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel and coordinates the treatment program with other health care personnel as appropriate.
* Discharges patient from speech therapy when the patient has received a maximum benefit from speech therapy in accordance with federal (Medicare), state and/or other regulatory guidelines. In accordance with agency policy, provides accurate, timely documentation of speech therapy patient management.
* Evaluates need for interdisciplinary referrals to RN, PT, OT, MSW and HH Aide.
* In accordance with agency policy, provides accurate, timely documentation of speech therapy patient management.
* Participates in appropriate and approved educational and clinical research activities in speech therapy.
* Participates in specialized patient care clinics outside the department.
* Participates in multidisciplinary patient care conferences.
* Demonstrates on-going progress toward meeting the criteria for professional practice.
* Assists in the development, implementation, and review of departmental patient care programs.
* Performs other duties as needed in the areas of staff education, departmental operations, and departmental projects.
* Supervises the work of Home Health Aides according to regulation and agency policy.
* Avid Healthcare conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Avid Healthcare reserves the right to re-evaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
* Minimum two (2) years of experience in speech therapy.
* Graduate of an accredited speech therapy curriculum with a master’s degree.
License, Certification, Registration
* Current license to practice as a Speech Therapist in California by employment start date.
* American Heart Association approved BLS.
* Current valid driver’s license required.
* Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain an NPI prior to the employment start date.
* Clinically skilled to detect early warning signs of medical complications including mentation.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to differentiate emergent versus non-emergent patient care status.
* Ability to look at patient holistically, not just body part or functional ability.
* Commitment to Service Orientation.
* Effective written and oral communication skills (in English).
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* Experience in an automated clinical information system preferred.
* Computer literate preferred.
* Knowledge of Medicare conditions of participation and OASIS preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start:
Working Hours End:
Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call
Job Type: Home Health
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Home Health
Job Category: Rehab Services
Specialty: Speech Therapy
Department: Home Health
Travel: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered
for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as
applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco
and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.