OverviewDescriptionApplyRelated DetailsJoin Talent Network
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
* _Registered Nurse_*
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between
Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known
reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all
people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community
service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in
Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one
of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are
accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our
stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized
as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott &
White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest
rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size,
scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our
footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this
expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team
members working in the following environments:
* 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
* 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
* 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
* 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
* A home health division covering all of North Texas
We currently have openings for REGISTERED NURSE (RN) Day Shift at our Downtown
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their
greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The *
_Registered Nurse (RN)_* provides direct patient care and functions as part
of the Nursing and interdisciplinary teams. You’ll use the nursing process for
systematically assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care
to maximize restoration and maintenance of the patient’s physical and
psychological health and personal goals. Serve as an educator of patients,
families and coworkers.
We’re looking for an experienced RN with a BSN for several of our Baylor
Institute for Rehabilitation hospitals. Experience in Inpatient rehab or
med/surg/Telemetry/Acute Care is preferred.
Employees in this position will:
* Performs a nursing assessment on all patients within 8 hours of admission. The data collected forms the basis of an individualized plan of care. Identifies teaching needs and goals related to the diagnosis of each patient from the nursing admission assessment and by collaborating with patient/family and the Interdisciplinary team.
* Provides patient information and status in a timely manner for the Initial Team Conference and for Re-evaluation Team Conferences on a weekly basis. Responsible and accountable for accurate, succinct and timely documentation of all assessments, interventions and patient responses in the medical record in accordance with policy.
* Participates in the patient rehabilitation program on an assigned unit. Is responsible and accountable for direct patient care by utilizing the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care with a priority on the education of the patient/family/significant other based on the health care needs identified. Uses a positive and encouraging approach to achieve patient goals and quality outcomes.
* Initiates discharge planning on all patients from the day of admission. Initiates patient teaching in anticipation of the discharge date.
* Communicates all pertinent information regarding changes in patient’s status from one care provider to another, to support continuity of care and patient safety. This includes the attending physician and the Charge Nurse. Seeks consultation from more senior nursing staff in support of complex clinical decision-making.
* Provides communication, direction, training and supervision of ancillary nursing personnel by utilizing problem solving techniques in decision making, organizing, setting priorities and using time effectively. Delegates appropriately.
* Positively contributes to the functioning of the unit by providing calm direction and reassurance to ancillary staff, other departments, patients and families. Participates in team building activities on the unit to create a positive and efficient work environment.
* Maintains communication with manager, senior nursing staff and other departments related to service needs such as necessary supplies, equipment (including repairs) and clinical training in order to effectively complete assigned duties. Provides care in a cost effective manner while promoting quality patient outcomes, monitors supplies and charges.
* If requested; assumes charge responsibility following orientation period.
* Identifies and initiates own professional growth, actively pursuing professional development through continuing education and self-study.
* Adheres to the Texas Nursing Practice Act and the Code of Ethics for Nurses.
* Attends in-service education programs and meetings as scheduled.
* Perform other duties as requested
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification
and other job-related credentials)
* Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
* BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred.
* Certified BLS completion and maintenance required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires.
* Previous rehabilitation or hospital experience preferred.
Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation offers a very comprehensive career ladder
in whatever may interest you.
Invent your career at Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation!
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with
employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related
qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and
promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national
origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or
history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona
fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.