cCARE Oncology Nurse Practitioner
Full-Time Exempt Employee
The Oncology Nurse Practitioner provides health assessments and medical
management to patients in the clinic setting, and practices in accordance with
Practice policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions (other duties as assigned):
* Effectively assesses the physical and psycho-social status of clients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic studies. Recognizes deviations from normal in the physical assessment. Administers therapeutic measures and obtains specimens. Works in collaboration with a physician in formulating treatment plans for health problems and follow-up.
* Writes accurate prescriptions for medication, blood products based upon laboratory results, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, and post-discharge care in accordance with written Practice protocols.
* Accurately determines eligibility of patients for entry into clinical trials based on findings and contacts Research Department.
* Ensures appropriate and quality patient care, Specific to their appointment needs. Relays appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.
* Attends both in house and offsite in-services.
* Initiates appropriate actions to facilitate the implementation of therapeutic plans that are consistent with the continuing healthcare needs of the patient.
* Dictates and completes charges within a timely manner.
* Interprets and evaluates patient data to determine patient management and treatment, specific for the patient’s diagnosis and the need in relation to the visit.
* Participates effectively in the development of educational materials for patients. Conducts interactive chemotherapy training classes for patients and family members.
* Actively works to gain knowledge of Radiation Practices and Safety.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* Graduate from a registered Nurse Practitioner program
* License and current registration to practice in the State of California
* Master’s Degree in Nursing
* AOCN certified, if not already attained, exam to be taken and passed after 500 hours of clinical experience
* Required ONS chemotherapy/biotherapy provider card within 3 months of hire
* Current CPR certification required
* Knowledge of computer/telephone support, preferably in a health care environment
* Strong customer service background, preferably in health care environment
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Competence with computer processing functions and other standard office equipment
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
* Ability to calmly and professionally resolve customer issues with diplomacy and tact
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Strong organizational skills
* This position functions primarily indoors in a medical / business environment. Employee may be subject to blood borne pathogens, radiation, bio waste and other medically-related factors, with exposure to moderate noise levels.
* Visual acuity to read and compute screen and paper documents; close and distance vision, peripheral vision depth perception, ability to adjust focus; hearing acuity to converse with staff and customers; ability to walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and lift and move 25 pounds on a regular basis; ability to sit for hours at a time . Employee will be exposed to moderate noise levels, interruptions, and occasionally asked to work evening and weekends as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per year
* 401(k) Matching
* Dental Insurance
* Health Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Vision Insurance
* AONC (Preferred)
* What type of nursing degree to you hold and highest level of education?
* Monday to Friday
|Job Category||Advanced Practice|