Do you have a passion for the highest clinical quality and patient happiness?
Would you like to use your expert clinical competencies with an organization
known nationally for excellence in cancer treatment, research and education?
We would be happy to hear from you! Please consider the following exciting
opportunity with one of the most outstanding and dynamic places to work in
California as your next career move.
The path through breast cancer care is different for everyone. Cedars-Sinai
has assembled a team of experienced experts dedicated to fulfilling our
patients’ unique needs. The breast cancer program offers care for high-risk
patients, nurse navigators, fertility preservation, and research and clinical
trials found only at Cedars-Sinai. We are seeking a highly compassionate Nurse
Navigator with strong clinical competencies to guide patients from the
diagnosis and pre-op to post-op stages of their treatment.
Summary of Essential Duties:
* Coordinate timely patient care activities and management of clinical data throughout all phases of patient care from initial referral to follow-up.
* Arranges for clinical services, evaluates clinical data, participates in clinical/ patient rounds, and triages clinical questions/ concerns to the appropriate members of the interdisciplinary team.
* Assess educational needs in collaboration with all levels of nursing and medical personnel and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of educational programs, utilizing a systematic approach.
* Collaborates throughout the Cedars-Sinai Health system (CSHS) in initiating and implementing educational programs.
* Establishes, coordinates and continuously evaluates supportive care plan with goals and interventions based upon treatment and individual patient/caregiver needs, preferences, beliefs and values.
* Independently coordinates patient programs, projects and events with Nursing, medical center departments and communities across the health care continuum.
* Serves as a resource and consultant for educational programs throughout the Cedars-Sinai Health System.
Jobs-Glassdoor #Jobs-LinkedIn #Jobs-Indeed #Jobs-HERC
* Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing degree required
* Current, unrestricted California Registered Nurse License required
* Oncology Certification (OCN) required (or willing to obtain within one year from start date)
* BLS from American Heart Association required
* A minimum of 3 years of Oncology nursing experience required
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal communication, with persons of various cultural and educational backgrounds required
Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Navigator, Oncology, Cancer, Breast,
Chemotherapy, Women’s Health, Medical, Healthcare, Hospital, Los Angeles, CA,