Opportunity at a Glance
You’ve been preparing for this moment your whole life, dedicating yourself to
become an expert with the knowledge and skills to help, to heal, to nurture,
and change lives like only a nurse can.
Today, more than ever before, the next generation of nurses needs you.
Your passion. Your expertise. Your heart.
Chamberlain College of Nursing clinical educators experience the powerful
satisfaction that comes from helping educate, empower and embolden students
and advance the health of people, families, and communities as we face new
challenges ahead together.
Will you join us?
Chamberlain College of Nursing is seeking Part-Time Clinical Instructors
interested in teaching students in our Bachelors of Science in Nursing program
studying at our Irving, TX campus.
Chamberlain offers students diversified clinical experiences in which to hone
their skills in a variety of settings, including hospitals, long-term care
facilities, independent practices, ambulatory care centers, VA medical centers
and home health environments – anywhere healthcare is delivered.
We are presently accepting applications for candidates who have interest in
teaching in the following specialties in or after September 2020:
Community Health Nursing
Theory and concepts of community/public/global health utilizing levels of
prevention are presented in this course. The public/community health nurse’s
role as a partner with the community to shape conditions supportive of health
is emphasized through application of the nursing process, beginning with the
assessment of the community’s health, wellness needs and available resources.
Planning, organization and delivery of service for populations at risk are
tied to Healthy People 2020 goals with an introduction to political and
sociocultural aspects of community, demographic and epidemiological methods.
Emphasis is on the dynamics of an individual’s ability to function in society.
The course focuses on content relative to anxiety, self concept, thought
disorders, mood alterations, addictive behaviors, organic brain dysfunction,
abuse and violence issues. It also incorporates health promotion and wellness
issues such as stress management and personal growth. Therapeutic
communication techniques, individual and group therapy practices and community
mental-health resources are also incorporated.
Complex Adult Health (Critical Care)
You will be mentoring students, in a clinical setting, while they demonstrate
nursing skills and procedures. A variety of population and settings are used
in the experiential learning component of this course. Adult patients with
unstable emergent critical illnesses are the focus of this course. Students
integrate nursing, technological and scientific knowledge with clinical
judgment to potentiate optimal health with a diverse patient population.
Students utilize comprehensive assessment techniques, advanced nursing skills
and multiple nursing modalities to maximize optimal health.
You will be mentoring students, in a clinical setting, while they demonstrate
nursing skills and procedures. Family-centered care of children is the focus
of this course, exploring issues of normal child care as well as health
alterations of childrenfrom infancy through adolescence. Students participate
as members of the multidisciplinary health team to provide health promotion,
illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance and rehabilitative care
to children and families.
Adult Health (Medical-Surgical) Nursing
The focus of this course is on the needs of adult patients and their families
in relation to health promotion and management of conditions that require
acute and chronic care. The nursing process is used in the discussion of
health alterations affecting selected life processes. Students continue their
professional skill development as members of the health team.
This course focuses on family-centered approaches to maternal/newborn care and
incorporates health promotion and wellness issues. The childbearing cycle,
including normal experience, high-risk factors, complications and alterations
are studied. Additional women’s health issues are included.
Collaborative Health (Leadership)
This course is designed to expand the scope of the nursing practice for senior
nursing students. Course and clinical activities provided to traditional
students focus on leadership and management aspects of the professional nurse.
Fundamental Nursing Skills
Content focuses on health promotion and the rehabilitative aspects of patient
care. Students provide direct patient care in the acquisition of skills and
concepts of professional nursing. The nursing process is utilized as the
student implements basic aspects of nursing practice.
If you are passionate about nursing and advancing your career through the
power of education, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity today.
In this role, the clinical instructor:
* Implements the College’s philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching and service to the College, community, health system and profession
* Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching assignments
* Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals
* Evaluates and provides documented feedback to the student on the level of performance based on course objectives
* Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel
* Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with the student’s knowledge base, skill competency, and individual learning needs
* Grades homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner
* Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you have:
* A master’s or doctoral degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university
* An unencumbered professional nursing license in Texas
* At least two years professional experience within last five years in the area of instruction as a registered nurse
* Teaching or precepting experience is preferred but not required
* Have genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
* Have exceptional subject matter expertise with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
* Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
Adtalem Global Education is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and
other legally protected characteristics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone
and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our
Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit
discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free
Who We Are
Chamberlain University’s mission is to educate, empower and embolden diverse
healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families,
communities, and nations. Chamberlain University is an accredited institution
comprised of the College of Nursing, which offers a three-year Bachelor of
Science in Nursing degree program and flexible post-licensure programs such as
the RN to BSN option, Master of Science in Nursing degree program, Doctor of
Nursing Practice degree program and graduate certificates, and the College of
Health Professions, which offers a Master in Public Health degree program. For
the most updated accreditation information, visit
Chamberlain University continues to raise the standard of nursing and
healthcare education as well as advance healthcare outcomes in communities
across the country and around the world. Chamberlain University is a member of
Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider
headquartered in the United States