Chapa-De invites you to consider a career as a Diabetes Program Manager. This
is your opportunity to join a passionate culture of people focused on
providing high quality care to American Indians and low-income members of our
communities. Our clinics also offer a fantastic work-life balance and
You are confident in building relationships, leading a team and bring creative
solutions to the table. Our program manager collaborates with medical and
dental departments in implementing pre-screening measures to catch pre-
diabetes and provide patients with integrated care. You oversee the day to day
operations using your clinical and management skills while running a program,
maintaining a budget and overseeing grant reporting.
If you are passionate about helping people take action to improve their
health, prevent disease from happening and leading a high performing team,
this may be the opportunity you are looking for!
* Providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team
* Managing to program milestones and metrics relating to grants, patient services, patient education and community involvement
* Providing innovative, scalable solutions to drive individual and group education on healthy lifestyles, wellness and prevention of diabetes
* Building relationships and driving patient referrals with providers in medical and dental departments
* Taking ownership, build the strategy and vision of the diabetes program
* Develop and implement policies, procedures and training for diabetes team and program
* Establishing program goals and work with direct reports on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
* Track program effectiveness, build and monitor program budget, ensure grant applications and renewals
* Identifying areas of opportunity for deepening relationships with community to expand education, outreach and patient recruitment goals
* Supporting strategies to improve awareness and patient engagement in internal and external education program activities
* Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four year college or University or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* RN License, current and in good standing with the state of California
* Demonstrated experience with grant funded program and grant application processes
* Demonstrated experience supervising staff and effectively leading a work team.
* Prior healthcare administration or health education experience