Language Access Interpreter – Dallas, TX Location
At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us
deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in
providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members
to reach their highest potential.
ABOUT THE JOB :
This job is responsible for the accurate interpretation via face to face,
phone or video of health care information to and from Spanish-speaking
patients/patient families and health care providers as well as other
specialties involved in patient care. PRN position that will have NO benefits
and will not have scheduled hours working as they need you so you have to be
flexible when working shifts.
SOME HIGHLIGHTED RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accurately interpret medical and health care information/instructions from physicians, nurses or other health care staff to Spanish-speaking patients/families in consecutive or simultaneous mode by following the National Code of Ethics for Interpreters in Health Care and department’s established standards.
* Assists in obtaining patients/families’ signature where appropriate; and provides information regarding health care related cultural issues/needs of Spanish-speaking patients/families to hospital staff to develop sensitivity.
* Manages and keeps accurate information for each encounter in the Language Access Services EPIC scheduling system.
* Assist with varying departmental activities and projects as requested by department’s leadership; and performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Provides occasional services outside of normal working hours on as-needed basis and/or for staff meetings and continuous education.
* Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description is an essential function of this job.
* Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
* Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
* Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
* Effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Minimum 1 year of job-related experience or Bachelor’s Degree in
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Two-year Associate’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
* 20-hour or more of Healthcare, Community or Legal interpreter training required.
Licenses and Certification:
* Certified Healthcare Interpreter or Certified Medical Interpreter within 6 months of hire required
Children’s Health promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our team members
have a voice in their work through surveys, pulses and town halls. And we
honor and celebrate our staff with year-round employee appreciation events.
Professional & Management
Non-Clinical – General