At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us
deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in
providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members
to reach their highest potential.
Since 2009, we have held the ANCC Magnet® designation for nursing excellence.
We are nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World
Report, serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for University of
Texas Southwestern Medical Center and are recognized for quality care in every
For nine consecutive years, Children’s Health has been recognized as one of
the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review. This
esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional
development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and
beyond other organizations.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The RN will join the team of nurses in the our Hematology Oncology Clinic
(Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders Clinic). Responsibilities will include
nursing care coordination and direct patient care in providing chemotherapy,
blood product administration and various other IV medication infusions to
weekend outpatients in our Day Hospital infusion area.
This is a part-time position scheduled to work every Friday and Saturday,
Sunday if needed, and with the flexibility to work other days if needed to
complete their 40 hours in a 2 week pay period. This nurse will collaborate
and communicate closely with the inpatient nursing team, to provide seamless
care during weekend daytime hours.
SOME HIGHLIGHTED RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides competent care for families based on practice patterns which reflect new levels of awareness of suffering, patient/family psychosocial needs, and complexity of clinical judgment.
* Assesses and collects data in a comprehensive manner identifying underlying family needs to implement an individualized plan of care.
* Demonstrates competence in the delivery of nursing care.
* Evaluates and revises plan of care based on evolving needs.
* Utilizes problem-solving approaches which compare one situation with another.
* Provides comprehensive, individualized teaching based on identified learning needs of families.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Licenses & certifications
* Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas.
* Two years of experience working in pediatric Hematology Oncology required..
Children’s Health offers opportunities for learning and career development;
competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse
and inclusive workplace. Our team members have a voice in their work through
surveys, pulses and town halls. And we honor and celebrate our staff with
year-round employee appreciation events.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Job Type: Part-time
* pediatric Hematology Oncology: 2 years (Required)
* RN (Required)
* Health insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Paid time off