RN – Pediatric Intensive Care Department / Neuro Trauma Department – Dallas,
At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us
deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in
providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members
to reach their highest potential.
Since 2009, we have held the AANC Magnet® designation for nursing excellence.
We are nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World
Report, serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for University of
Texas Southwestern Medical Center and are recognized for quality care in every
For nine consecutive years, Children’s Health has been recognized as one of
the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review. This
esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional
development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and
beyond other organizations.
Performs the functions of a registered nurse in direct patient care in the
Pediatric Intensive Care Department /Neuro Trauma Department in Dallas, Texas.
Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery of developmentally appropriate
care. Works effectively with members of the health care team in the provision
of care to patients and families. This is a Full-time night position, 7 pm –
7am, rotating weekends, 72 hours per pay period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Provides competent care for families based on practice patterns which reflect new levels of awareness of suffering, patient/family psychosocial needs, and complexity of clinical judgment.
* Demonstrates effective use of communication skills.
* Participates in the development of professional and educational activities.
* Demonstrates competence in professional practice. Applies nursing research to clinical practice.
* Applies nursing research to clinical practice.
* Assesses and collects data in a comprehensive manner identifying underlying family needs to implement an individualized plan of care.
* Demonstrates competence in the delivery of nursing care.
* Evaluates and revises plan of care based on evolving needs.
* Utilizes problem-solving approaches which compare one situation with another.
* Provides comprehensive, individualized teaching based on identified learning needs of families.
* Communicates in an accurate, objective manner.
* Recognizes and accesses multidisciplinary team members in meeting identified patient/family needs.
* Responds to verbal and nonverbal communication.
* Identifies problems and reports these to appropriate personnel.
* Assists in identifying learning needs of staff nurses and other health care workers.
* Assists in developing strategies to meet identified learning needs.
* Supports and/or maintains membership in a professional organization.
* Shares pertinent information gained from professional seminars, conferences, books, or journals.
* Seeks evaluation of self from peers and clinically advanced professionals to improve professional practice.
* Incorporates unit based goals into nursing process.
* Is a member of a unit based committee/project/task force.
* Utilizes standards to develop plans of care for primary patients.
* Preceptor for novice/beginners.
* Reads and evaluates current nursing research that has implications for clinical practice.
* Modifies own practice based on nursing research and quality improvement findings.
* Evaluates clinical practice to identify problems for potential study.
* Participates in research and/or quality improvement activities.
The organization is moving towards a BSN workforce. Interested candidates
should have a BSN or be in the process of obtaining BSN as this will be
required of all direct patient care nurses effective 1/1/2021.
Licenses & certifications
Current licenses to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas.
American Heart Association BLS
Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS
2+ years of ICU experience, preferably in pediatrics.
Children’s Health offers opportunities for learning and career development;
competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse
and inclusive workplace. Our team members have a voice in their work through
surveys, pulses and tow
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Nursing – Critical Care and Trauma Services