RN – Interventional Radiology
At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us
deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in
providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members
to reach their highest potential.
Since 2009, we have held the ANCC Magnet® designation for nursing excellence.
We are nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World
Report, serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for University of
Texas Southwestern Medical Center and are recognized for quality care in every
For nine consecutive years, Children’s Health has been recognized as one of
the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review. This
esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional
development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and
beyond other organizations.
About the Job
As part of the multidisciplinary team, this position is a blended position
that will rotate between Interventional Radiology (IR) and the Radiology
Anesthesia Unit (RAU). This position is responsible for the care of
interventional radiology patients intraoperatively when assigned to IR and is
responsible for the care of radiology patients both pre-operatively and
postoperatively when assigned to RAU. A successful team member in this
position is a team player, flexible with assignments and scheduling, and able
to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Some Highlighted Responsibilities
* Management of patients from newborn to 18 years old intraoperatively
* Management of airways including endotracheal tubes, nasal airways, oral airways and bag valve mask
* Assessing and maintaining sterile technique, positioning, specimen collection
* Multidisciplinary communication to ensure safe, developmentally appropriate care
* Provide communication and education to families to ensure involvement and understanding in their child’s care
* Documentation in EPIC EMR system
* Average day utilizes 2 interventional radiology suites
* Procedures include: PICC lines, chest tubes, nephrostomy tubes, embolization (neuro & non-neuro), diagnostic angiograms, sclerotherapy, port placement, etc.
Shift/Location: Dallas, TX, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. + call
Required: Two years’ RN experience in PACU, interventional radiology, OR or
The organization is moving towards a BSN workforce. Interested candidates
should have a BSN, as this will be required of all direct patient care nurses
Licenses & certifications
Required: Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of
Required: BLS for Healthcare Providers (American Heart Association)
Children’s Health offers opportunities for learning and career development;
competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse
and inclusive workplace. Our team members have a voice in their work through
surveys, pulses and town halls. And we honor and celebrate our staff with
year-round employee appreciation events.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Nursing – PICU, Nursing – Operating Room, Nursing – Critical Care and Trauma
Services, Nursing – Radiology