As a Classic Hospice nurse practitioner, you have the autonomy to utilize your
nursing skills. You are invited into patients’ homes and lives during trying
times and have the honor to become a trusted face. For many of our team
members, this is more than a career— it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today
as a Nurse Practitioner to positively impact the experiences of patients and
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides medical care to hospice patients of all
ages with a focus on determining hospice eligibility and pain and symptom
management including, but not limited to, history and physical exams;
diagnosis and treatment of medical problems; education and counseling of
individuals, families, and groups.
The Nurse Practitioner participates in the care of the hospice patient as a
member of the interdisciplinary team.
Under the supervision of the Hospice Medical Director and in collaboration
with one or more physicians, the Nurse Practitioner may perform Face to Face
patient visits to assist in determining hospice eligibility.
The Nurse Practitioner may function in the role of Attending Physician only if
selected by the patient or patient representative at the time of admission.
* Must be a graduate of an approved school and licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the state in which he/she currently practices.
* At least 5 years of nursing experience with a minimum of one year in Hospice preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years of clinical registered NP experience.
* Must have demonstrated experience in hospice, palliative care, or a related field of nursing and an understanding and acceptance of hospice principles of care. (Hospice, oncology, home health and/or long term care)
* Must have demonstrated knowledge and well-developed skills in medicine, pharmacology, pain and symptom control, and psychology of loss.
* Must have knowledge of regulatory requirements and Medicare Conditions of Participation.
* Valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
* CPR Certification
* Current DEA number for Schedule II-IV Controlled Substances
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $83,292.00 – $133,826.00 per year
* Hospice: 1 year (Preferred)
* nurse practitioner: 3 years (Required)
* Driver’s License (Required)
* CPR (Required)
* On the road
Completed license needed:
* Upon starting work
* Not listed / Other
|Job Category||Advanced Practice|