ABOUT MONTEREY COUNTY SURGICAL ASSOCIATES:
For over 75 years, MCSA has provided superior surgical care to patients in
Monterey County. The eight surgeon practice specializes in general, bariatric,
vascular, head and neck surgery, The surgeons operate out of Community
Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula and Monterey Surgery Center.
The Medical Assistant provides patient care in the office setting under the
direction of a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides direct patient care under the supervision of a physician and/or PA/RN/LPN/LVN, evaluates outcomes, and consults with other health team members as required.
* Prepares patient for physician evaluation (e.g., room patient, take vitals, etc.). Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients’ charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Assures prompt patient flow.
* Assists physicians and other qualified licensed providers with evaluation and treatment; dispense medications only under the supervision of the physician on duty (unit dose only: ASA, Tylenol, Benadryl, Compazine, etc.).
* Notifies appropriate licensed staff when patient complains of pain.
* Conducts various procedures as indicated ( e.g., exam components, EKG, injections, and lab procedures such as strep, urinalysis and glucose). Administers medication by intradermal, subcutaneous or intramuscular injection only.
* Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
* Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
* Communicates appropriately and clearly to co-workers, physicians and Office Manager. Communications to co-workers, patients and clients are courteous. Uses proper grammar and spelling in written communications.
* Demonstrates the ability to assist physicians with procedures and perform services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of a PA/RN/LPN/LVN and/or physician.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Program or six (6) month Nurse Aide Program.
* Certified Medical Assistant through a recognized certifying board or program is preferred.
* Current BCLS/CPR certification.