Nurse, Career Institutes (191 Days) Multiple Positions – Anticipated
POSITION FUNCTION/PURPOSE :
Enhances the educational process by removing health barriers to learning
through planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating health
services in a specific school(s) assignment.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Establishes and maintains a comprehensive school health program according to nursing standards of practice and departmental procedures and protocol.
* Maintains communicable diseases prevention and control measures and in some instances administers immunizations to protect students and other in accordance with state and local health department regulations, and district policies and department protocol.
* Provides episodic and emergency health care to ill or injured students/employees.
* Assesses the health and developmental status of students through performance of student evaluations and health appraisals. Performs special procedures. Develops and implements nursing care plans with specific nursing interventions. Records all health information on students according to department guidelines and procedures
* Supervises and monitors nurse assistants and/or clinic attendants and delegates nursing responsibilities to these and other unlicensed assistive personnel according to district policy and the Texas Nursing Practice Act.
* Assists with professional and paraprofessional educational growth activities in areas of nursing, health, and communication skills.
* Participates in formal and/or informal evaluation of paraprofessionals in assignment.
* Collaborates with other school professionals, parents, caregivers, and members of the community to maximize communication and deliver health and social services to students and staff.
* Assists students, families and employees to achieve optimal levels of wellness through medical referrals, interpretation of medical data, planning and implementing health counseling, health education, providing a health and safety environment and maintaining an advocacy role.
* Promotes student health and wellness through assisting in the implementation and monitoring of human growth and development and other health education wellness curricula.
* Contributes to the knowledge base in nursing and school health through participation in research- related activities sponsored by the department.
* Identifies, delineates and clarifies the nursing role, promotes quality of care, pursues continued professional enhancement, and demonstrates professional conduct as outlined in the Texas Nursing Practice Act.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN); Current license to practice nursing in the state of Texas (Registered Nurse); Current American Red Cross certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / AED (re certification as required)
* Five years of related experience preferred
* Demonstrated strategic and operational planning skills.
* Demonstrated excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Power Point. Demonstrated administrative ability to manage staff and resources.
* Demonstrated exemplary skills in presentation, designing, planning, implementing, and monitoring projects/programs in accordance with specified guidelines and policies.
Work Locations: Career & Technology Education 2909 N BUCKNER ROOM 301 Dallas
Minimum Salary: 56,884.00
Job Posting: Feb 26, 2020