FIND YOUR PASSION. BE UNIQUE. SHARE IT WITH OTHERS. Everyone at Caregiver,
Inc. is committed to a common goal – creating a world class experience for our
individuals. We are passionate about what we do, while making a difference. We
work with integrity, accountability, transparency and compassion because we
care about the people we serve. Our company provides support and services to
people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to enable them to lead
their unique lives with dignity, independence and inclusion.
The Registered Nurse provides routine and emergency assessments and nursing
care to ensure maintenance of optimal health status for all individuals.
Maintains accurate and complete documentation of all health services provided
to individual. Participates in the development, implementation, and monitoring
of all individual service plans.
* Perform and monitor consumers’ health care procedures and conditions.
* Administer prescribed medication.
* Assess and monitor the use of medication and health data.
* Assist in obtaining and securing emergency medical services.
* Perform case management nursing and direct patient care.
* Perform health care procedures ordered/prescribed by a physician/medical practitioner and required by standards of professional practice or law.
* Reports to supervisor any significant changes in an individual’s health status including; but not limited to; acute illness, adverse reactions to medication, sudden and/or unexplained changes in vital signs, increase seizure activity, etc.
* Participate in annual and interim planning conferences as assigned.
* Recommend individual training objectives in the area of health maintenance, oral hygiene and administration of medications based on identified individual needs.
* Assist Case Manager/Support Manager in development of health care training objectives as requested and ensure that staff is knowledgeable in program implementation.
* Being on call is required.
* Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education:
* Valid Driver’s License
* Valid RN License
* One-year experience as an RN obtained within the last 36 months
* Work harmoniously with coworkers; especially, in small team environments
* No more than one documented and substantiated complaint in a six-month period
* Attend work punctually and regularly
* Adhere to agency policies and procedures
* Complete all duties in compliance with accepted standards of nursing practice
* Conduct self in a manner beneficial to residents
Job Type: Full-time
* How many years of nursing experience do you have?
* How many years of working with intellectual and developmental disabilities experience do you have?
* What is the highest level of education you have completed?
* Do you have the following license or certification: Registered Nurse (RN)?
* Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
* What attracts you to this position?
Job Type: Full-time
* registered nurse: 1 year (Preferred)
* working with intellectual and developmental disabilities: 1 year (Preferred)
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
* Driver’s License (Required)
* Health insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement