The Rheumatology sales specialist is responsible for effectively managing a
defined territory and focus on priority health providers in that area. Person
must build preference for Lilly as a partner in Rheumatology, grow customer
value metric scores, meet sales targets, effectively engage customers, have a
business ownership mindset and effectively implement corporate strategies.
* Customer Focus:
* Partner with customers to understand practice workflow and patient needs within the practice. As a business owner, provide resources and meet customer needs for disease-state information, diagnostic and patient identification resources, and product-specific support.
* Assist and coordinate with physicians and office staff through drug initiation process, device training, patient support programs, and follow-up where applicable.
* Support treatment initiation logistics where appropriate
* Collaborate with nurse educators, access specialists, and other commercial partners to ensure a positive patient experience with treatment.
* Collaborate and partner with peers in the sales organization and brand teams
* Territory Management:
* Strive to consistently achieve quarter-over-quarter sales growth in the territory, which results in exceeding sales expectations.
* Superbly manage territory as it relates to targeting, messaging, programs, and budget.
* Conduct market analysis to develop and implement territory business plans.
* Effectively utilize strategic account based selling to achieve goals by building relationships with the total office and meeting customer needs with all members of an account.
* Identify and develop influential business relationships with the focus on anticipating and exceeding needs, with key customers/influencers/prescribers, speakers, thought and opinion leaders, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, and managed care personnel/organizations when appropriate.
* Focus on developing or building key resource and referral networks to enhance the standard of care for dermatology patients within the territory.
Disease State and Rheumatology Market Knowledge
* Develop deep knowledge of rheumatology industry/research, local and regional market trends, disease-state, product/brand and competitor knowledge.
* Aggressively pursue ongoing medical knowledge development within and outside of formal Lilly training by reading industry/technical literature (e.g. articles, journals, newsletters) and attending medical conferences when possible.
* Share learning effectively with teammates to serve as a learning resource within the Geo-managed team.
* Earn reputation throughout the rheumatology community as a subject-matter expert and a valued resource.
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around
the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis,
Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring
life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and
management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy
and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people
first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for
people around the world.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by state
* Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required
* Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
* Must live in or be willing to relocate to the area of responsibility.
* Ability to provide secure and temperature controlled location for product samples may be required.
* Approximately 25%-50% travel; some overnight travel may be required
* Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
* Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance. Please note, this email address is intended for use only to request a disability accommodation, please email Lilly Recruiting Compliance for further assistance. Inquiries which are not requests for accommodations may not receive a response.
* Bilingual skills as aligned with territory and customer needs.
* Strong background in navigating complex accounts within integrated health systems
* Extensive experience or thorough understanding of specialty pharmacy distribution model
* Ability to incorporate the “total office” selling approach/account management
* Proven ability to personalize the customer approach-IQ/EQ balance
* Quick learning agility/self-development focus
* Patient centric mindset
* Proven ability to lead the service value chain – exceptional leadership, engaged employees, exceptional customer experiences leading to strong business performance – across team, peers and leadership.
* Proven track record of exceeding sales expectations
* Strong business analytical skills (business/ financial acumen)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage complexity while making the product experience simple for the customer
* Experience with either rheumatology and/or biologics/in-office infusions