Vascular Institute of North Texas is looking for a responsible Nurse
Practitioner (PRN) to support the physician’s work and actively facilitate
patients’ recovery. You will apply medical techniques and principles under the
direction of a physician and you will deal with a diverse set of patients
offering them care and encouragement. Wound Care interest or experience is a
plus! This position generally works Monday-Friday in an outpatient clinic
setting. This is a new location, for us. The ideal candidate will have
Vascular Experience, current NP license in Texas, go-getter demeanor, and not
afraid to take on new challenges.
The right candidate will have a current license to practice in Texas without
A Nurse Practitioner helps with all aspects of patient care, including
diagnosis, treatments, and consultations. Working in an outpatient
environment, can perform independently or as part of a treatment team.
Generally, nurse practitioners perform the important task of educating
patients about preventative care and prescribed treatments. Also conduct
physicals, order tests, and serve as a patient’s primary healthcare provider.
Position available in any of the following Texas clinic locations:
* Bedford, TX
* Carrollton, TX
* Garland, TX
* Health insurance
* Dental insurance
* Vision insurance
* Retirement plan
* Paid time off
* Proven work experience as an NP.
* Knowledge and experience in Vascular procedures required.
* Understands and can interpret, with our physician, duplex studies.
* Reviews and retrieves data pertinent to the patient’s medical history.
* Performs and records physical assessment and collaborates with physicians and other members of the medical staff on the plan of care.
* Assesses medical needs post-procedure.
* Actively participates in other aspects of Vascular specialty care.
* Monitors and writes scripts for anti-coagulants.
* Can function independently but knows when to collaborate with our physician to promote patient safety.
* Assures compliance with all Clinic policies and procedures and governmental regulations pertaining to:
* Controlled substances and legend drugs, including sample medications.
* Patient confidentiality.
* Quality improvement and quality assurance.
* Supports and promotes a positive image when dealing with patients and others inside and
* outside the organization.
* Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and
* service issues.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Preferred graduate from an accredited school; Masters in the Nurse Practitioner graduate degree. (MSN)
* Current State Nurse Practitioner License.
* CPR certification for Health Care Providers.
* Certificate in Infection Control for ASC.
* Proven work experience as an NP in a peripheral vascular environment.
* Wound Experience a plus
* EMR systems
* Communication and collaboration: Convey policies and procedures to staff while serving as a partner and liaison to other departments.
* Problem-solving: Assesses risks, creating best practices, and implementing systemic improvements.
* Clinical knowledge and experience: Keeping up with the latest research, technology, and healthcare practices as a dedicated lifelong learner.
* Analytical thinking: Understanding and applying laws and regulations to the workplace and ensuring compliance.
* Hearing: Adequate to perform job duties in person and over the telephone.
* Speaking: Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone.
* Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed
* sources and computer screens.
* Other: Requires frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements, standing, walking,
* squatting, and sitting, with some heavy lifting, pushing, and pulling exerted regularly
* throughout a regular work shift. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic
* substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic and/or OR environment.
* _Indeed Hire and Freedom Health Vascular are working together to find the
best candidate for this job._*
* _By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and
receive updates via text and phone about your application._*
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $40.00 – $70.00 per hour
* EMR Systems: 1 year (Preferred)
* Wound: 1 year (Required)
* NP in a peripheral vascular environment: 1 year (Preferred)
* nursing: 1 year (Required)
* Master’s (Required)
* Healthcare Provider CPR (Required)
* Nurse Practitioner (Required)
* Infection Control for ASC (Preferred)
* Bedford, TX: Between 31 and 40 miles (Preferred)
|Job Category||Advanced Practice|