SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA
Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and
integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Float Pool Pre-
op/PACU Nurse today with the Ambulatory Surgery Division.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. With
the Ambulatory Surgery Division, we offer an array of medical, dental, and
vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package
truly customizable to you and your family’s needs. Some of the unique benefits
we offer include:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Float Pool Pre-op/PACU Nurse for our ambulatory surgery
centers to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality,
efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an
amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a
phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
We want you to apply now!
The Float Pool Pre-op/PACU Nurse contributes to the company’s mission and
vision by utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating
the nursing care rendered preoperative and postoperative until patient is
dismissed from the facility.
What you will do in this role:
* Rotate to other ambulatory surgery center facilities
* Prepare patient care area adequately before case and ensures availability of necessary equipment and supplies
* Initiate intravenous therapy as prescribed, utilizing aseptic technique utilizing appropriate IV start kit, catheter and fluid. Ensure that medication is labeled appropriately
* Administer pre-operative medications as prescribed and utilize safety medication practices Monitor patient until transferred to OR
* Recognize signs and symptoms of patient’s condition that indicate potential post procedure or anesthesia related complications and report to anesthesiologist immediately
* Monitor and maintain proper intravenous intake and output
* Document patient assessment upon admission
* Check dressings and/or operative site and reports abnormalities to the surgeon
* Assure that patient meets all discharge criteria
We are part of HCA Healthcare , who has been named one of the world’s most
ethical companies by Ethisphere since 2010.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications immediately for our Float Pool Pre-op/PACU Nurse opening. Highly
qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your
resume today to join our community of caring!
Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Pre-op, PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
* Additional specialty experience may be required as per facility practices (i.e. Pediatric, GI, etc)
* Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure
* Valid BCLS & ACLS Certifications required upon employment (online certification not acceptable)
* PALS (Within 90 days, or earlier per department arrangement)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within
your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information,
etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public
webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job
posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact
HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.