Description: The Clinical Nurse Reviewer (RN) provides support for
continuous improvement efforts and is responsible for reviewing medical
records to facilitate the accurate identification of diagnostic results
requiring follow-up interventions. This role involves record review and
interaction with physicians, midlevels, residents, nursing, and ancillary
* Reviews patient records and extracts data (e.g., lab or radiology results) and ensures appropriate follow-up.
* Prioritizes patient list and collaborates with appropriate team member(s) utilizing approved workflow.
* Communicates effectively with patients regarding follow-up care.
* Interacts with appropriate physicians, midlevels, residents, nursing, and/or ancillary departments to ensure timely, effective, and efficient patient care.
* Creates data collection tools and assists with collection methods as needed. Provides analysis and submits data and/or reports to designated committee for ongoing improvement.
* Assists in creating and implementing action plans as needed.
* Participates in the performance improvement (PI) process.
* Supports and helps maintains federal, state and organizational improvement projects.
* Helps to assist with education for team members on preventative measures to prevent adverse events and improve quality outcomes.
* Assists staff to identify and implement solutions that address contributing factors to adverse patient events via process improvement activities, policy development, etc.
* Manages the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of improvement plans and projects that improve performance of the Network.
* Facilitates interdisciplinary and cross-departmental process improvement and reengineering initiatives using appropriate quality tools, methods, and change strategies.
* Supports a culture of safety by utilizing key external tools and standards to design clinical and operational activities.
* Works with leadership to implement programs designed to maximize patient safety, clinical risk prevention, and continuous survey readiness performance and evaluation as established by NQF/Leapfrog Program and TJC NPSGs and/or Sentinel Event Alerts.
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing (must obtain within 1 years)
* 3 plus years of patient care and/or leadership experience in an acute care hospital setting or enterprise-wide health system..
* 3 plus years in patient safety and/or performance improvement work experience.
| Preferred Education and Experience:
* 2 plus years of experience in abstraction and/or participation in process improvement teams
* Specialty Certification in area of expertise (e.g., CEN, CCRN, PCCN, CMSRN, etc.)
* Lean White Belt training in process improvement
Required Specific Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state.
| Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Specialty Certification in area of expertise (CCRN, PCCN, or CMSRN)
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104