Description: The RN – Behavioral Health (BH) plans, directs, and provides
quality psychiatric nursing care to patients who are hospitalized with
psychiatric/ emotional disorders. The RN – BH must be able to facilitate
delivery of high-quality, safe and effective nursing care; to assist in the
operation of the nursing department according to the legal guidelines of
mental health care in the State of Texas.
* Performs complete assessment of a psychiatric patient and other various duties and direct care with regard to age and developmental stage, presenting complaint, and pertinent history.
* Delivers nursing care to assigned group of psychiatric patients including education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment planning, pain management and discharge planning utilizing the nursing process.
* Delivers quality nursing care while minimizing the risk of infection, contamination, harm, or injury.
* Participates in the performance improvement process within the Network, Hospital, and department.
* Anticipates deteriorating life sign patterns or equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate action.
* Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
* Modifies patient treatment plans as indicated by patients’ responses and conditions.
* Monitors, records and reports symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Associates or higher Degree from an accredited school of professional nursing.
* 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas required or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout employment.
* Certification in Non-Aggressive Crisis Management; must be obtained while in orientation and maintained throughout employment.
* Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS). Must be maintained throughout employment.
* Completion of unit specific competency based orientation program within 90 days.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of professional nursing.
* 2 plus years of experience in a Behavioral Health facility.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104