Description: The RN Geriatric Coordinator leads the planning, development,
and implementation of program goals designed for system wide improvement in
the care of older adult patients. This position leads front line efforts
focused on the care of the older adult patients in support of The Joint
Commission Geriatric Delirium Certification, Geriatric Emergency Department
Accreditation, Nurses Improving Care for Health system Elders (NICHE)
designation, the Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP), and Care Transitions of
patients from JPS Hospital to Community.
* Coordinates ongoing performance improvement processes and develops and coordinates education to meet requirements for the Joint Commission Geriatric Delirium Certification.
* Coordinates ongoing performance improvement process and develops and coordinates education to meet requirements for the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation.
* Identifies gaps in programming among case management and nursing units; develops plans to meet documentation standards and goals relative to maintenance of NICHE designation, internal HELP goals, and maintenance of Geriatric Delirium Certification and Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation.
* Lead efforts to maintain the organizations Joint Commission Geriatric Delirium Certification, NICHE Accreditation, and ACEP Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation
* Manages chart and application reviews for quality improvement; analyzes and verifies that data collected by staff is complete, accurate, and consistent.
* Sets the operations schedule for Geriatric Resource Nurses (GRNs), and attests to GRNs completion of requirements for NPDP points
* Partners with internal JPS stakeholders to manage and coordinate aspects of documentation for the certification process and program requirements as mandated by the certification body.
* Partners with external stakeholders to represent the needs of JPSs Geriatric patient population and coordinates the completion of any objectives relative to JPSs involvement
* Establishes connections with providers of care along the continuum by providing education and support for care transitions programs.
* Organizes and creates agendas for all pertinent committees.
* Serves as Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP) liaison to internal JPS stakeholders and volunteers.
* Organizes and submits the NICHE designation documentation and reassessment materials on an ongoing basis.
* Prepares annual reports and coordinates publication for the following: GRN Impact, NICHE, Delirium Certification Impact, Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation, and other pertinent programs.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelors degree in Nursing from an accredited school of professional Nursing.
* 5 plus years of nursing experience in a clinical area.
* 2 plus years of experience caring for older adult patients.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state.
* Basic Life Support certification.
* Completion of job specific orientation program within 90 days of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Masters degree in Nursing from an accredited school of professional Nursing.
* Board Certified in Geriatrics.
* 2 plus years of demonstrated experience in participation in healthcare quality improvement initiatives or committees.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* NLN Certification in Nursing Education or other training and development certifications.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104