Description: The RN – CHC assesses, plans, directs, implements, and
assists to provide quality patient care for assigned patients. The RN CHC is
responsible for directing patient care for licensed and ancillary staff on
* Collaborates with patient to identify treatment plan goals; discharges patients as appropriate with written discharge plan. Encourages family participation as appropriate for age and situation.
* Delivers nursing care to patients including assessment and planning of education directed towards identified knowledge deficits, treatment, pain management and discharge utilizing the nursing process.
* Documents accurately in medical records, on forms, and in the computer entering appropriate orders, patient charges, and or other information, meeting standards, policy, and procedures.
* Guides, educates, and provides leadership as a preceptor for new employees, serves as a resource nurse, and assists clinical employees to gain knowledge about service excellence principles, Joint Commission, CMS, regulatory requirements and clinical documentation.
* Serves as an educational resource for staff on emerging clinical issues. Monitors current literature and appropriate regulatory agencies to determine needs and develops educational resources.
* Delivers quality care by using multi-disciplinary team strategies and minimizing the risk of infection, harm, or injury.
* Maintains accurate detailed reports and records and directs care with regard to age and developmental stage, presenting complaint, and pertinent history.
* Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments, staff, patients and visitors.
* Participates in the performance improvement process within the Network, Hospital, and department.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Associates Degree or higher in Nursing from an accredited school of professional nursing.
* 6 plus months of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse or 2 plus years of experience as a practicing Licensed Vocational Nurse
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout employment.
* Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS). Must be maintained throughout employment.
Required Specialized Training:
* Completion of unit specific competency based orientation program within 90 days.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of professional nursing.
* 2 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104