Description: The RN Quality Improvement Coordinator provides support for
the process improvement, regulatory and overall quality efforts of the 1115
Waiver program. This job is responsible for developing and maintaining
departmental process improvement projects, audit data for projects, provides
analysis and reports and acts as an internal consultant for all 1115 waiver
program initiatives. Specifically, the Coordinator completes concurrent and
retrospective reviews of clinical quality and issues within the program.
* Designs, develops, analyzes and evaluates reliable and accurate data for 1115 Waiver initiatives.
* Manages the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of improvement plans and projects that improve performance within the 1115 Waiver program.
* Investigates unexpected outcomes and facilitates the development of action plans for correction with the management team.
* Facilitates, coordinates, and monitors process improvement activities.
* Educates and provides consultation and resource services as appropriate to staff.
* Creates data collection tools and assists with data collection in the department as needed.
* Maintains accurate, detailed reports and records as it relates to process improvement initiatives.
* Reviews patient records and abstracts data.
* Concurrent review of medical records against pre-established criteria/quality initiatives.
* Develops and maintains collaborative partnerships with physicians, staff and peers to support implementation and ongoing evaluation of care delivery.
* Communicates with members of the team regarding the findings of case reviews and abstractions.
* Analyzes data and suggests opportunities to improve the delivery of patient care.
* Develops and sustains plan for monitoring quality metrics in identified populations. Leads and directs achievement in the provision of quality of care of identified patient populations, working with appropriate staff and physicians.
* Analyzes data and coordinates implementation of practice changes.
* Participates in development of best practices per the standard of care.
* Recommend initiatives to address improvement opportunities generated from data tracking and analysis.
* Collates data in PDCA formats as needed for regulatory and/or other purposes.
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Associate’s Degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) from an accredited School of Nursing
* 3 plus years of experience as a practicing Registered Nurse
* 1 plus years of experience in performance improvement, informatics, or regulatory review
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing
* Experience with 1115 Waiver and DSRIP programs
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Lean Six Sigma Certification
* CPHQ Certification
1400 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
|Job Category||Quality Control|