Kindred RehabilitationServices is the largest diversified provider of
rehabilitation therapy in the country. Through RehabCare and Kindred
Hospital Rehabilitation Services , we provide leading therapy to more than
2,000 sites of service across different settings in the care continuum and
have been managing rehab for more than 30 years. We provide rehabilitation
services, including physical, occupational and speech-language therapies to
virtually every care setting including inpatient, outpatient, skilled nursing,
home health, long-term acute care and assisted living. With locations across
47 states, we are certain to have a rehab job for you.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where
doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form
individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities
through our development programs, training seminars and university
partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our
commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure
that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic
healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and
exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one
of Fortune magazine’s “Most Admired Healthcare Company” for 8 years, Kindred
welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
As a Social Worker you will:
* Work closely with patients, caregivers and the healthcare team to ensure the patient’s medical, psychological and social needs are met.
* Ensure seamless delivery of care between healthcare systems and interface with insurance carriers to facilitate continued coverage/authorization, and authorization for next level of care.
* Assist the Program Director in assessing internal patients for admission to the Rehab Unit.
* Have strong rehab experience and possess the skills necessary to develop the case management, social work, and discharge planning service for the Acute Rehabilitation Unit.
* Maintains up to date knowledge of changes in community resources
* Stay informed of Medicare regulations regarding acute medical inpatient rehabilitation IRF.
* Have an excellent understanding of effective interface between patients, families, and medical professionals.
* Knowledge of CARF standards, Medicare regulations for inpatient acute rehabilitation are helpful.
Social Worker, SW,MSC, Rehabilitation, RHC, Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation
As a Social Worker you will have:
* Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
* If required by state practice laws, current Social Work license (MSW) or eligibility
* Experience in the provision of Social Service preferred in inpatient medical rehabilitation
* Social Service related experience in a health care setting desirable, such as acute care and/or rehabilitation
* Must have clinical experience working with individuals, families and groups.
* Must have a working knowledge of basic services provided by various health and welfare organizations in the community
* Current CPR certification, if required by the facility assigned to.
* Knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the age of the residents served.
* Computer skills and knowledge of basic computer program
* Must have strong leadership skills
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here .