POSITION TITLE: Dean of Safety & Security
SUPERVISOR: CHA Principal
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Oversee & ensure all aspects of safety & security for
students, staff & families. Provide leadership and direction through direct
supervision & evaluation of both certified and non-certified faculty and
staff; address discipline needs with students to promote positive campus
1. Oversee Campus Operations under guidance of Principal
2. Chair School Safety Crisis Response Team
3. Create & maintain crisis correction plans
4. Conduct safety audits & monthly emergency drills in compliance with Fort
Worth Fire Department & Fort Worth Public Health Department
5. Address facilities maintenance issues
6. Coordinate with contracting services, maintenance department & technology
7. Supervise contract staff & substitute pool
8. Complete human resources requirements for new hires
9. Review and approve hourly staff weekly timesheets for submission to HR
10. Serve as lead administrator during the absence of Principal
11. Conduct parent conferences (person/phone) regarding violations
12. Assign logical & relevant consequences for students as outlined in Parent
13. Train staff in classroom management techniques; swiftly address bullying
issues; design Behavior Improvement Plans and positive reinforcement
* Consult with classroom teachers, specialists/interventionists, school nurse, administrators, and parents to meet the educational and social emotional needs of all students.
* Collaborate with other administrators in the facilitation and development of behavior intervention plans (BIPs) for 504 eligible students who demonstrate chronic behavior problems.
* Evaluate certified teachers utilizing T-TESS.
* Provide effective staff development activities that incorporate the mission of the school, program evaluation outcomes, and input from teachers and staff.
o Bachelor’s degree in Education, Criminal Justice or related field
o Master’s degree in Education, Criminal Justice or related field preferred.
o Teaching Certification required
o Texas Principal Certificate & T-TESS certification preferred.
o Driver’s license required.
o 5 years classroom experience required, supervisory experience strongly
o Strong oral and written communication abilities.
o Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
o Excellent organizational and stress management skills.
o Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
· Other Requirements: Must have a driving record which is within the
guidelines of the insurance underwriter. Must not have been charged with or
convicted of a criminal offense that would disable the employment by failing
to meet minimum standards as set by the Licensing Branch of the Texas
Department of Family and Protective Services.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
* 401(k) Matching
* Dental Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Retirement Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Vision Insurance
* Monday to Friday
* No weekends
* Day shift
* Waiting period may apply