LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians
and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and
health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families
choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It’s
all about helping people.
* Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, is at all times responsible to follow all state specific laws governing theprovision of occupational therapy in home care, to follow the treatment set only as defined by the Occupational Therapist; to
perform only those procedures that he/she is qualified and trained to perform
and to make all recommendations for changes in the plan of care to the
supervising Occupational Therapist.
* Following the plan of care, leads the patient in the use of therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve functioning and safety.
* Observes, records, and reports to the supervising OT, the supervising nurse, and/or the physician the patient’s response to treatment and changes in the patient’s condition.
* Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
* Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a progress note for each visit and submits progress notes per LHC policy.
* Participates in developing the Plan of Treatment.
* Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Current OTA licensure in the state of practice.
* Current CPR certification required.
* Current driver’s license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Additional State Requirements
* AL: Must have two (2) years experience practicing as an Occupational Therapist Assistant.
* CT: Must be certified by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
* District of Columbia: Not allowed to practice.
* IN, Must be certified by a national therapy association board.
* NM: Must be certified by the state of New Mexico.
* LA: Must have a minimum of two (2) years experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist Assistant.
* NY: Must be certified and registered with the state of New York.
* SC: Must be certified and in good standing with the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy.
* AK, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV, WI: No additional state specific requirements.
|Job Category||Home Health|