As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to
bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of
our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to
achieving better health for our patients by treating each person’s body, mind
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief
that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment
plan, can maximize a patient’s potential for recovery.
We have an immediate opportunity for Registered Nurses.
General Summary : The Registered Nurse (RN) assesses, plans, implements,
evaluates and provides nursing care to assigned patients utilizing the nursing
process to facilitate the patient’s progression toward optimal health. The RN
provides, directs and guides patient/family teaching and discharge planning to
prepare the patient for self, home or further professional care. The RN is
active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and
LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for
all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population : Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the
patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of
age) and geriatric (65 and older).
Essential Functions :
1. Demonstrates proper utilization of the nursing process and performs skills
reflected and validated by the RN competency checklist.
2. Assists other RN’s, LPN/LVN’s, PCT’s and CNA’s in the care of the patient.
3. Plans patient care for assigned shift to facilitate proper utilization of
time, resources, manpower, and supplies to ensure patient receives
appropriate, quality care.
4. Performs 24-hour Chart Checks as assigned to ensure that orders are
written, signed and taken off properly as per LifeCare policy and procedure.
5. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the Charge Nurse of any
risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as
outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of safe medication administration,
adhering to LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
7. Completes documentation and communicates concisely adhering to the nursing
standards of practice.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans and all
standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
* _This description is a general statement of required essential functions
performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties
Experience : Six to twelve months of experience in a clinical setting
Education : Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
* Current RN license in state where currently practicing
* Current BLS certification
* Obtain ACLS within six months of hire date