About the Assistant Director of Nursing Position:
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Director of Nursing in the state
of Texas to provide leadership skills to effectively operate the Skilled
Nursing Home’s operations.
The ADON will work immediately under the Director of Nurses. The Assistant
Director Nursing is to assist the Director as instructed and has the authority
of the Director of carrying out given tasks or areas of supervision in the
Director’s absence. General duties include assisting the Director of Nurses as
she/he instructs in areas of personnel, orientation, supervision, and
staffing. Periodically checks residents’ records and reports. Assist in
supervision and direction of nursing personnel. Assist in investigation of
unusual occurrence or alleged abuse and promptly notify the Director of
Nurses. Ensures that all resident rights are protected
* Great customer service and assessment skills are a must
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing or an approved LVN program.
* Current nursing licensure as a nurse in the State in which practicing. A Registered Nurse is preferred.
* 2+ years’ experience in supervision.
* Possession of good mental and physical health.
* Demonstrates leadership ability and capability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
* Ability to communicate effectively in English through both speech and writing.
* Administrative ability with evidence of professional competence and flexibility.
* Working knowledge of federal, state, and county laws governing skilled care nursing facilities.