We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for
the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive
networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our
patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier
lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and
medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and
The Behavioral Health Registered Nurse is specially trained to monitor and
utilize therapeutic equipment necessary to provide specialized nursing care to
patients with behavioral and/or mental disorders. Collaborates with
interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement a plan of care for a specific
group of assigned patients, ensuring the coordination of care between other
disciplines, physicians, and support staff. Performs professional nursing
duties that incorporate the psychosocial, psychomotor and age appropriate
cognitive skills of the patient/family/significant other to assess, plan,
intervene and advocate for the patient on an ongoing basis throughout the
continuum of care. Will reevaluate patient response and outcomes,
effectiveness of plan of care, and readiness for discharge and revise plan or
make referrals as necessary. Acts as a role model and mentor to a variety of
new graduate nurses, orientees and support staff.
* Provides patient care, reviews and administers patient medications, treatments and procedures in a safe, effective and age appropriate manner that meets scope of practice and standards of nursing practice. Recognizes change in patient’s clinical conditions, taking appropriate action and documenting intervention. Effectively collaborates with the health care team to intervene, and advocate as necessary. Intervenes appropriately in instances of abuse, assault or neglect, or when adequate financial or social resources are not available. Makes appropriate referrals to resolve patient issues effectively.
* Develops long and short-term goals consistent with treatment plans, standards of practice, and the plan of care, incorporating patient preference and discussing plan of care with patient. Appropriately utilizes pain management resources and other interventions to provide pain relief. Provides ongoing assessments and documents the patient’s physical and psychosocial condition, as well as response to care. Reviews patient test results, identifies critical results, and communicates in a timely manner consistent with the condition of the patient and correlates information into the plan of care. Consistently ensures nursing practice is evidence based, within scope of licensure and compliant with hospital wide standards of nursing care, including core measures. Ensures Infection Control procedures and HIPAA compliance.
* Collaborates with staff, physicians and members of the healthcare team, ensuring the coordination of care between other disciplines and support staff. Supervises, monitors and delegates patient care activities to appropriate members of the health care team, provides effective leadership and ensures that care is safe and of high quality. Acts as a source of information and articulately responds to questions, providing resources, guidance, and education about treatment plan, plan of care, and medications. Develops and implements accurate teaching and ongoing discharge plans.
* Empathizes with patient and patient support systems, expresses compassion and understanding for the situation and demonstrates care which is appropriate for the age, and cultural, religious, gender identity, or ethnic background. Engages in caring behaviors, taking conscious ownership for work and takes deliberate/thoughtful actions regarding how to best carry out interactions with the patient, families, physicians, and co-workers.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing required.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Minimum Experience: Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in
English. Ability to work variable shifts including evenings, nights, weekends,
and holidays. Ability to maintain flexibility and composure in a constantly
changing environment. Recent behavioral health experience in an Acute
Psychiatric setting preferred. Bilingual skills to communicate effectively
with patients and families preferred.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Active, current, and unencumbered Licensure
as a Registered Nurse in the State of California required. AHA Basic Life
Support required. Current Management of Assaultive Behavior Certification
required. Hospital Fire and Life Safety Card (Los Angeles City Employees only)
required. De-escalation certification upon hire; Upon recertification, SAMA
Certification required. Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Certification (RN-
BC) preferred. SAMA Certification upon hire preferred.
Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced
leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a
needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many
executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly
effective team of professionals you will receive:
* Company 401K
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* Paid time-off
* Life insurance