Educational Requirements :
Completion of an accredited LVN or RN program. Ability to complete tasks
associated with electronic medical records, good organizational skills, able
to handle high stress environment, have a service-oriented/empathetic
personality. Annual Basic Life Support certification is required.
General Duties :
1. Patient Care:
* Perform and document initial patient database including height, weight, head circumference, blood pressure, temperature, hearing/vision screens, immunization records, allergies, chief complaint, and other parameters as outlined in the Nursing Procedure Manual.
* Perform or assist Physician/Nurse Practitioner with patient procedures.
* Apply bandages, splints, slings, etc. as directed by Physician/Nurse Practitioner.
* Perform venipunctures, catheterizations, aerosol treatments, ear washes, and any other procedure as directed by Physician/Nurse Practitioner.
* Administer/document immunizations, antibiotic/allergy injections as directed by Physician/Nurse Practitioner.
* Administer IM, SQ, ID, inhaled, po, pr, eye, ear and topical medications under Physician/Nurse Practitioner direction.
* Obtain/handle laboratory specimens including but not limited to: blood, urine, stool, wounds, nasopharynx, eyes, and ears per Nursing Manual and CUA manual.
* Properly perform, record, and document laboratory tests performed in- house per Nursing Manual and CUA manual.
* Perform and appropriately document telephone triage including patient advice, prescription refills, taking messages, and directing calls per Nursing Procedure Manual. Utilize Barton Schmitt protocol for all incoming calls.
* Perform telephone progress checks on the day and time specified by the Physician/Nurse Practitioner. Document patient status on designated patients as directed by Physician/Nurse Practitioner.
* Process/document immunization/school forms. Initiate new PHI requests.
* Maintain follow-up logs for labs send to outside laboratories etc. as directed by Physician/Nurse.
* Communicate status of pending patient problems via pt messaging as needed.
2. Housekeeping / COLA:
* Perform/document Quality Control and Quality Assurance standards for all laboratory testing per CLIA manual.
* Maintain and clean all laboratory equipment per CLIA standards.
* Stock exam rooms and clean exam rooms at the end of every day and as needed throughout the day.
* Stock/organize medication sample storage cabinets. Rotate stock and clearly label expiration dates.
* Order pharmacy/medical supplies and inform Nursing Supervisor of pending orders.
3. Be professional (in both appearance and attitude} and courteous to
patients and coworkers at all times.
4. Adhere to strict patient/business confidentiality at all times.
5. Adhere to OSHA guidelines/regulations including, but not limited to,
the use of universal precautions. Eating, drinking, smoking, application of
makeup or lipstick and handling of contact lens is strictly FORBIDDEN in
potentially contaminated areas.
6. Adhere to Personnel Policy Manual, Nursing Procedure Manual, CLIA
Manual, and OSHA manual.
7. Attend a minimum of 75 percent of facility staff meetings and all
outside in-services as requested / required to maintain job proficiency.
8. Maintain a professional, business work environment by: limiting
personal calls/visitors and socializing to breaks and meal periods. Use of
cell phones in clinic areas is strictly prohibited.
9. Adhere to scheduled meal and break periods. Breaks are given in two
fifteen minute intervals if workload permits. A thirty minutes meal break is
provided. Clock out if you leave your assigned work area for any extended
length of time.
10. Adhere to sick call-in policy by calling the Nursing Supervisor at
least two hours before your scheduled shift. Vacations and requested days off
should be submitted to the Nursing Supervisor 30 days in advance.
11. Ensure you are punching in and out using time tracking system. If you
miss a punch, notify your Nursing Supervisor and/or Human Resources for
12. Perform any other duties/special projects as assigned by the
Physicians or the Nursing Supervisor.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
* Dental Insurance
* Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Health Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Vision Insurance
* Day Shift
* Monday to Friday
* Relevant: 1 year (Required)
* LVN or RN (Required)
* United States (Required)
* Multiple locations
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
* Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
* People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
* People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
* Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
* Waiting period may apply
* Only full-time employees eligible