MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions
partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through
our family of companies, we provide:
* physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
* revenue cycle management solutions
* performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care. _
The Hospital Associate Medical Biller Supervisor supports the Hospital
Associate Manager. The Hospital Associate Medical Biller Supervisor is
responsible supervision, training and coverage for Hospital Associates and
Hearing Screen Billers. The duties include: training new associates,
overseeing timely account registration and billing, and providing site
coverage if needed. The successful candidate will also travel to and be able
to work closely with the medical directors and physicians at our hospital
sites. Areas of responsibility include: performing quarterly quality audits,
recruitment and training of staff, preparation and review of yearly
evaluations and processing payroll/attendance for assigned units. The
supervisor must be able to perform daily registrations and billing, preparing
and submitting daily census and monthly statistics, work billing system/excel
reports, and provide administrative support to Medical Director.
* Oversee daily work (Hospital services including Hearing Screens) submitted to corporate by the Hospital Associates at the unit to ensure timely and acceptable productivity.
* Responsible for assisting the manager with staffing within the unit for new hires.
* Review all PTO requests and oversee attendance of the Hospital Associates in the unit.
* Hold monthly meetings with the unit Medical Director and the Hospital Associates to allow best practice and other techniques to be shared.
* Review feedback from the Collection department on registration errors and works with the individual Hospital Associates in the unit to correct future errors.
* Reviews Master Database reports for Hospital Associates within his/her unit to ensure accurate and timely resolution/release of accounts.
* Preparing billing and registration worksheet
* Gathering and verifying current demographic information by speaking with the parents or hospital.
* Obtain correct Insurance/Medicaid information from parents.
* Contacting insurance companies to verify insurance data on accounts.
* Utilize Payer Search program to obtain correct insurance code information
* Refer to Contract portion of Master Data Base to confirm contractual agreements with managed care companies within your assigned unit.
* Complete the registration and billing of all accounts in the OBR system.
* Utilize the “OBR Hold Codes” to properly hold a registration until all required information is obtained to ensure a 100% clean claim.
* Release all billing and registrations according to established department guidelines.
* Submit billing worksheets to the Corporate office in a timely manner in accordance to the shipment schedule.
* Prepare and submit daily and monthly statistics
* Submit daily census by 1:00 p.m. E.S.T. via e-mail or fax
* Compare census to the database report every Thursday and submit all corrections via fax, phone or e-mail._
* Reconcile the month-end statistical reports and submit them to the Corporate Office as established by the department guidelines.
* Assist Medical Director and physicians with administrative support
* Answer office phones and take messages
* Maintain office calendar and set up meetings and appointments
* Organize the physician’s daily agenda
* Assist in travel arrangements
* Sorting and distributing mail
* Maintaining and ordering office supplies
* Typing letters, memos, meeting minutes, etc
* Follow up on Federal Express or UPS accounts for reimbursements._
* Type the monthly physician’s schedule
* E-mail or fax monthly physician schedules, changes and updates to said schedules and actual work schedules to the Director of Physician Scheduling.
* Provide support services to the Corporate Office
* Prepare and submit all payments and disbursements along with check requests or expense reports to Accounts Payable Department
* Assist the Credentialing Department in obtaining hospital privileges and medical credentials for both newly hired and currently employed physicians and nurse practitioners.
* Inform the Regional Corporate Office of any changes in the hospital or unit policies and procedures.
* Provide support to the Patient Account Department
* Supply authorization numbers as requested by the insurance companies
* Obtain and update baby names on all registered accounts within a timely manner._
* Update accounts in regard to changes in insurance or demographic information
* Contact with collectors on account issues such as account histories and medical record requests
* Utilizing the correct verification forms for requesting insurance and referring physician codes
* Complete RDS Data Repairs in the Master Data on a daily basis
* Review and reply to Corporate e-mails within a timely manner
* Cooperatively works with the Hospital and Corporate offices with repairs, upgrades, installations, and trouble-shooting with computer related issues within the unit.
* Maintain strict confidentiality
* Any patient information must not be divulged on any account except to payers that need the information in order to process the claim
* Any information relayed in confidence must not be divulged to any third party(s
* Presents a positive, professional appearance and conveys a professional demeanor in the performance of assigned duties.
* Performs other job-related duties within the job scope as requested by Management of Patient Accounts.
* Embodies the principles of the corporate Mission Statement and Philosophy at all times
* Represents the Corporation in a positive fashion and makes all individuals feel as comfortable as possible
* Conducts all business in a professional manner maintaining respect for individuals at all times.
* Complies with departmental and company-wide policies and procedures
* Maintains constant awareness of potential safety hazards insuring necessary safety precautions.
* Reads and complies with established policies and procedures
* Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers and the general public.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the
multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a
general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As
the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status