*The person in this role will be covering the West Region of the US and
would need to live in in this region*
Careers that Change Lives:
Make an impact on the lives of others by preventing secondary stroke in
patients who have suffered from a cryptogenic stroke. Use your passion for
improving patient access, process, and relationship building to engage the
sales team and customers in building better ischemic stroke secondary
prevention pathways across the country. Be a leader on the Diagnostics team
and enable multi-disciplinary care teams to drive patient access for Reveal
LINQ in cryptogenic stroke patients.
As the Diagnostics business within CRHF (Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure)
continues to grow, the Stroke Pathway role has been created to drive further
indication penetration within the stroke market. As a Field Market
Development Manager (individual contributor) you will be a member of the
Diagnostics Marketing Team and will be empowered to lead pathway development
initiatives, collaborate with key partners, and execute tactics that focus on
increasing stroke penetration, driving referrals by new and existing
customers, and developing multi-disciplinary pathways for stroke care.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks
differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful product
and business innovations.
Click here to see an overview of cryptogenic stroke and the benefits of Reveal
A Day in the Life:
* You will increase market penetration by being the area expert for facilitating and executing initiatives to develop better patient care pathways and systems of care for secondary stroke prevention.
* You will work with stroke neurologists, stroke coordinators, stroke care teams, hospitalists, EPs, device nurses, and cardiologists to develop multi-disciplinary referral pathways for cryptogenic stroke patients and secondary stroke prevention in your area.
* You will work with the market development team, Dx sales leadership, Dx sales reps, Dx clinical team, regional economics managers, CVG Strategic sales team, and the Neurovascular stroke solutions reps to develop strategies and business plans to accelerate the execution of pathway initiatives for better patient care.
* You will travel throughout your area to visit customers, maintain a network of key opinion leaders and stroke champions, and to assist in the sharing of best practices from successful hospitals and programs throughout the country.
* As part of a team of four pathway specialists, you will provide patient pathway, market, and competitor information to the marketing team and leadership; provide insight into the operationalization of our strategies; and help inform our strategy and initiatives moving forward.
* You will become a subject matter expert on stroke pathway development and best practices.
* In conjunction with the local area teams, you will plan, organize, and facilitate the execution of pathway development meetings and education at a local and national level.
* Travel – local and regional travel required up to 70% of the time within territory
Must Have – Minimum Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree
* 7+ years of experience in a Market Development, Marketing, Clinical Process Improvement, Lean Sigma, or Sales role (5 years with Masters)
* Experience developing business and process plans to drive behavior change and action
* Meeting facilitation and change management experience
* Project management skills and experience coordinating and executing field-based marketing programs
Nice to Have
* MBA or other master’s degree
* A track record of success with multi-disciplinary or referral interactions and collaboration
* Green/Black Belt in Six Sigma or Project Management Certification
* Strong business acumen and understanding of Diagnostics business or Ischemic Stroke would be preferred
* Experience developing relationships with KOLs and hospital administration
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits
of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain,
restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make
tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and
rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations
– but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work
together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives.
Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job
description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The
employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with
peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work
Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-
United States of America)