Merakey is seeking a Licensed Transition Coordinator to join our ITS Service
Team in West Covina, California.
Flexible schedule that includes traditional work hours 8:30am-4:30pm or
4/10’s. This position does have on call responsibilities. POSITION OVERVIEW
The Licensed Mental Health Professional as a member of the ITS Program, will
possess clinical experience to assess, plan, develop, coordinate and provide
treatment, rehabilitation and support services to program individuals with BH
and IDD diagnosis (Dually Diagnoses) under the clinical supervision of the
Program Director and Psychiatrist.
* Provide individual and group therapy, choosing applicable modalities according to individual needs and treatment plan;
* Leads development and monitoring of the individual behavioral support interventions;
* Participates in the team meetings and additional consultation as needed;
* Collects and evaluates behavioral data;
* Observes the participant in various settings for developing a behavior support plan;
* Collaborates with the participant, their family, and their team for developing a behavior support plan that must include positive practices;
* Conducts comprehensive functional assessments of presenting issues (e.g. aggression, self-injurious behavior, law offending behavior (sexual or otherwise);
* Develops and maintains behavior support plans, which utilize positive strategies to support the participant, based on functional behavioral assessments and may not include restraint procedures (physical, chemical, or mechanical) as support strategies
* Conducts training related to the implementation of behavior support plans for the participant family members, and staff;
* Implements activities and strategies identified in the participant’s behavior support plan;
* Monitors implementation of the behavior support plan, and revises as needed;
* Collaborates with the participant, their family, and their team in order to develop positive interventions to address specific presenting issues; and,
* Completes required paperwork related to data collection, progress reporting and development of planning material.
* Provides on-going training to the program staff; to properly address the needs of the population being served; and,
* Works collaboratively with the program’s psychiatric nurse, pharmacist, and psychiatrist to coordinate medication monitoring and adjustment.
* Develops comprehensive goal plans in conjunction with individuals, team and family members.
* Provides service delivery coordination, including coordinating and monitoring the activities of the individual’s treatment team.
* Utilizes recovery based, person centered focus to develop, write implement, evaluate and revise, as necessary, individual’s behavior support plan in collaboration with the Treatment Team.
* Provides individual and group supportive interventions and symptom management ensuring that immediate changes in the treatment plan are made, as necessary.
* Acts as a liaison and consult with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
* Educates and supports individual’s families and advocate for individual’s rights and preferences.
* Conducts comprehensive assessments.
* Documents individual’s progress while maintaining a permanent record of individual’s activity in accordance with policies and regulations.
* Provides treatment, rehabilitation and support services in conjunction with other team members and with direction from staff with specialty training.
* Provides crisis intervention strategies as required.
* Participates in daily organizational staff meetings and treatment planning meetings.
* Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
* Participates in cross training with other specialists as deemed necessary by supervisor.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
* Work/Life Balance
* Competitive Compensation Plans
* Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
* Life Insurance
* 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
* Marketplace Savings Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Wellness Programs
* 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
* Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY’S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental
health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and
site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused
treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
* The Center for Hope
* Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
* Parents and Children Together (PACT)
* Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
* Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
* Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
* Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
* Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
* Case Management / Recovery Coaching
* Community Health Liaison (CHL)
* Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
* Crisis Intervention
* Substance Use Disorder Services
* Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
* Family Based Mental Health Services
* Therapeutic Family Care
* Foster Care Plus
* Peer Support
* Student Assistance Program (SAP)
* Supported Employment
* Supports for Permanency (SFP)
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider
offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities
across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new
models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and
private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our
experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our
communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey
provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New
Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California,
Merakey is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your
resume directly to our recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition Number: 54361
* Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, social work, or other closely
related human services/counseling discipline
Is either a licensed or licensed eligible Psychologist, Social Worker or
Marriage and Family Therapist
Three (3) years of experience providing treatment to adults with various
mental health disabilities
Demonstrated ability in providing clinical mental health services to an adult
population with serious mental illness and a co-occurring Developmental
Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse multi-disciplinary team and under
Knowledge of dual diagnosis treatment practices including non-pharmacological
symptom management techniques.
Experience with Crisis/Risk Management and person centered treatment planning
Advanced knowledge of assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, discharge
Excellent documentation skills
Possesses, or is able to obtain, all necessary clearances and background
checks to work with designated consumer
Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled