Educate healthcare providers on the principles and practices of palliative
health care. Assess consulted patients and their family for palliative care
needs and issues. Formulate mutually acceptable care plans and care goals for
the patient, family and providers of care and provide care as needed.
Your Job Requirements:
* Master’s degree in Nursing preferred. BSN required.
* Maintains current license by the Texas State Board of Nursing.
* Maintains certification in any of the following areas: Oncology, Hospice, Palliative Care, Gerontology.
Your Job Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate broad clinical expertise and critical thinking related to care of the adult patient.
* Designs, coordinates, implements and markets the palliative care program utilizing an interdisciplinary approach; including the Palliative Care Advisory Team.
* Designs and participates in educational programs, courses or seminars for patients/ families, nursing personnel and other healthcare professional.
* Works in conjunction with physicians, patients, families and post-acute providers to create and execute discharge plans.
* Functions in a leadership role by serving as professional role model and by representing MDMC/ MHS in the community.
* Monitors and evaluates identified program goals; including fiscal management.
* Support nursing research
* Other duties as assigned
Location: Methodist Health System · MEDICAL MANAGEMENT
Schedule: Full-time, Day, 8:30-5