The Nursing Supervisor is a Registered Nurse responsible for delegating and
providing authority and responsibility for selected programs and aspects of
various programs associated with all nursing departments. You will be
responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing functions within the
department of nursing while supporting the mission, vision, values and
strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Requirements:
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing
* 2 Years of RN experience required
* Current CPR certification required
* Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or eligibility to do so required
* Previous leadership experience preferred
* Previous Critical Care experience preferred
* Able to professionally and effectively communicate (orally and in writing)
Your Job Responsibilities:
* Ancillary departmental interaction when departments are closed.
* Demonstrates a good knowledge base of nursing care and decision making; offersguidance, support and feedback that may influence the clinical care of patients;maintains strict confidentiality regarding patient and employee information; alwaysmaintains the integrity of patient medical records.
* Makes staffing decisions and arranges for coverage of units consistent with guidelines,patient acuity levels, and available resources; notifies Nurse Manager of variancesfrom guidelines; collaborates with bed control to assess overall bed availability toassure appropriate patient placement; counsels personnel and performs disciplinaryaction in the absence of the manager and director when to delay would jeopardize the effectiveness of the action.
* Functions as a role model/resource at all times presenting themselves in a professional manner and exhibiting continuous practice of MHS vision and values, and Value Management principles.
Location: Methodist Health System · NURSING ADMINISTRATION
Schedule: PRN, Flex, 0800-0830