* Performs and documents patient assessments and reassessments following Nursing and Departmental P/P, using appropriate techniques for data collection and analysis, at regular and indicated intervals.
* Performs interventions based on critical thinking and technical skills assimilated from assessment, reports and information communicated by other health care providers to achieve optimal patient outcome.
* Monitors patient closely during anesthesia induction and reversal.
* Provides direct patient care for the pre-, intra, and immediate post-operative phases of the perioperative continuum.
* Follows AORN guidelines for the OR
Associate’s degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
* Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted; Texas State RN license required within 30 days of hire;
* Current BLS, ACLS required;
* PALS required within 90 days of hire;
* One (2) year of GI experience is required