Hospitality Aide (HA) performs routine tasks and care in accordance with
established policies and procedures under the supervision of the Charge Nurse,
Clinical Managers and the Director of Nursing (DON) to assure that the highest
degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times within the
hospitality aides scope of practice.
Insuring compliance with all operating policies and procedures and Texas
Department of Aging & Disability Services regulations and Federal Health Care
Administration and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
* Able to work in a team environment.
* Possess a strong commitment to resident care.
* Must be compassionate and truly interested in helping others.
* Able to read, write and speak English.
* Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly emotionally upset and times hostile people within the center’s environment.
* Must meet background check requirements outlined in the Bars to Employment Guidelines from the state of Texas at time of hire and annually thereafter.
* Participates in and completes all required in-service trainings.
Essential Job Functions:
* Understands and agrees with the Momentum Skilled Services’ philosophy and goal to maintain, improve and/or enhance each resident’s quality of life.
* Provides and promotes resident’s rights.
* Report any equipment and supplies to the staff nurse or maintenance for correction or repair.
* Report all hazardous conditions and unsafe equipment to maintenance and charge nurse.
* Assist with care within scope of practice such as providing fresh water and ice, making beds, assist with dining services, and other assigned duties
* Answers call lights and carry out request within their scope of practice.
* Communicate with residents in a responsible and professional manner.
* Provide newspaper and magazines to residents upon request.
* Assist with setting up dining room for the residents.
* Assist with resident activities
* Other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or