Housekeeper cleans and services the nursing home building areas; moves
furniture, equipment and supplies; assembles the necessary supplies, equipment
and reports to assigned areas.
Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequency lifting and/or carrying objects
weighing up to 25 lbs.; stooping, kneeling or crawling with moderate effort;
climbing of ladders and stairs, reaching, handling is required often with
moderate effort; pushing and pulling for long periods of up to 25 lbs.
Essential Job Functions:
* Understands and agrees with Momentum Skilled Service’s philosophy and goal to maintain, improve and/or enhance each resident’s quality of care, quality of life.
* Demonstrates an awareness of proper infection control practice by using universal precautions and following policies and procedures of Momentum Skilled Services.
* Blood and body fluid exposure is likely to occur.
* Dusts, mops, and vacuums floors utilizing wet floor signs and safe working practices.
* Dusts/washes furniture, sinks, toilets, shower, lighting fixtures, blinds, window sills, windows, etc.
* Moves furniture to adequately clean and dust.
* Uses sanitizing agents and disinfects areas.
* Ensures soap dispensers are kept full.
* Ensures paper towel dispensers and toilet paper racks are kept full.
* Empties trash cans and relines, removes from facility to dumpster.
* Know and follows procedures for diluting, handling and storing hazardous chemicals.
* Set up isolation rooms with assistance from the nursing department and supervisor.
* Works closely with Nursing when providing services in resident areas.
* Maintains effective communications with residents, families and facility staff.
* Picks up any personal items on floor, cleans if needed, and returns to resident.
* Reports any broken / damaged equipment or mechanical failures to supervisor.
* Participates in resident care planning, as needed, and reports unusual observations regarding resident promptly to charge nurse.
* Respects the privacy, dignity, and confidentially rights of residents while performing work assignments.
* Works inside with occasional outside work.
* Exposure to dirt, dust, hazardous substances and equipment does exist; they occur until area is cleaned.
* Senses of seeing, smelling and touching are required with extreme concentration for long duration.
* Considerable discomfort may exist when resident is in isolation which occurs often; repetition of the tasks may cause mild discomfort; residents behavior and diagnosis may cause extreme discomfort.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or