We are offering $1,000 sign on bonus.
The purpose of your job position is to provide each resident with routine
daily nursing care in accordance with the resident’s assessment plan, with
current federal, state and local standards and regulations that govern the
facility, and as directed by your supervisors.
The Certified Nurse Assistant will treat each resident with kindness,
dignity and respect. They will knock before entering each resident’s room.
They will refer to each resident by their name. They will be courteous to
families and visitors. They will maintain a positive and calm disposition.
They will communicate clearly, empathetically, and effectively when speaking
to residents, family members, visitors, staff and any governmental agency
personnel. They will make sound independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action. They will work cooperatively with all departments and
multidisciplinary teams. They will demonstrate patience, initiative and
willingness to assist residents that may be difficult. They will relate all
pertinent information concerning a resident’s condition to a charge nurse when
required. They will be committed to always doing the right thing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Answering call lights
* Ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy
* Making residents comfortable (putting them in bed, bringing them water, etc.)
* Assisting in feeding residents (by cutting their food and spoon feeding if needed)
* Helping residents with their daily grooming, shower or sponge bath
* Proper lifting and transitioning residents from wheelchair to bed, bed to chair, etc.
* Helping residents, sit, stand and walk
* Transporting residents to dining area (for meals and activities) and returning them to their room
* Timely reporting of change in resident’s condition to the Nurse Supervisor
* Protecting each residents file and data with confidentially per HIPAA standards
* Abiding with all facility policies and procedures including not disclosing user ID codes and passwords
* Following Infection and Control policies
* Reporting any occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, or other hazardous materials to a supervisor immediately
* Other duties as assigned
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this
position. However, it in no way states or implies these are the only duties
you will be required to perform as directed by management. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the
work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Education / Licensure
High school diploma or GED
Completion CNA training from accredited school
Valid CNA certificate number
Qualifications / Experience
Some experience helpful, will provide training
Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language
Ability to use computer or tablet to enter resident data
May encounter frequent interruptions
May be involved with residents, family and government agencies
May be requested to work beyond scheduled working hours at times
Is subject to call‑back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather,
evacuation, post‑disaster, etc.)
May be subjected to odors, dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoking or air
May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB
and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses
May be exposed to or handle hazardous chemicals
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day
Working throughout the nursing areas
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Lifting more weight up to 100 pounds
Ability to read fine print on tablet, progress notes and/or medical labels