NorthStar Anesthesia is seeking a dynamic, experienced Chief Accounting
Officer (CAO) to join our growing organization. This executive role ranges
from coordination and supervision of the accounting department to ensuring
compliance to federal, state and corporate policy and procedures. An ideal CAO
candidate will lead their workforce and NorthStar to deliver a best in class
accounting function. In an environment where NorthStar is ready to pursue the
next phase of its evolution, the Chief Accounting Officer will help elevate
and drive financial performance to achieve our clinical and corporate
* Responsible for general accounting and treasury functions.
* Establish targets for quarterly forecasts and annual budgets in Axiom by partnering with each individual department.
* Deliver monthly financial reporting to the CEO and Cranemere, our private equity owner.
* Lead annual audit with EY and keep the books audit ready at all times
* Document all policies and procedures impacting finance and accounting
* Work closely with the CRO to ensure accruing revenue per ASC 606 standards
* Provide reporting to the bankers per the covenant requirements
* Manage purchase accounting related to acquisitions and JV’s
* Timely communication in response to questions or information requests from operations and executive leadership.
* As a member of Executive Leadership, responsible for setting goals for overall financial performance and reporting progress.
* Track high volume docket
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
* CPA Certification; continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements
* 10+ years experience in a senior accounting position
* Continuing Professional Education (CPE) requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Advanced understanding of complex accounting software (AXIOM, Concur, Great Plains)
* Extensive business experience and strategic knowledge
* Excellent financial and analytical abilities
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills
NorthStar Anesthesia – The Company
NorthStar provides quality anesthesia care while improving efficiency and
accountability. It’s a proven performance-driven approach that’s better for
everyone – patients, hospital administrators, surgeons, and anesthesia
To provide the best clinical care and to help hospitals and surgery centers
NorthStar Anesthesia was founded in 2004 by an anesthesiologist and CRNA
(certified registered nurse anesthetist) that saw firsthand the frustrations
and daily challenges caused by the traditional anesthesia care model.
What if they could fix the broken anesthesia care model? What if anesthesia
contractors stopped being absentee managers? What if patients, surgeons,
providers and hospital administrators were treated more like customers and
less like cogs in the system? The answer was NorthStar. NorthStar Anesthesia
is an anesthesia management company that provides anesthesia services to large
and small hospitals, surgery centers, hospital administrators, surgeons,
anesthesia providers and patients.
Today, NorthStar has over 150 facility contracts across 21 states and employs
more than 2,000 providers nationwide.
NorthStar is backed by world-class financial partners. NorthStar has a
partnership with Cranemere, a holding company that partners with outstanding
businesses for the long term.