The Nurse Consultant/ Regional Director of Clinical Operations position is
comprised of two essential objectives; to partner with facilities as the
primary clinical resource in the pursuit of clinical excellence and, to assist
in the development of clinical programming and process that differentiates our
services as a provider of choice. You will be serving the Dallas-FW area.
* The RNC serves as Regional Director of Clinical Operations for assigned facilities interfacing with the Regional Director of Operations, Director of Staff Development, Facility Rehab Director, MDS Coordinator and others as necessary.
* Assists facility management with implementation of appropriate resident care policies & procedures and company standards of practice.
* Conducts facility reviews including mock survey visits, to assess compliance with Federal and State regulations and Company standards;
* Pprepares reports as identified.
* Communicates identified problems, recommended solutions, and maintains ongoing discussion with leadership
* Quality assurance of interdisciplinary clinical process.
* Provide relevant educational information so facility nursing teams are able to make solid clinical choices from a variety of alternatives when managing care.
* Design and implement specific learning activities and formal educational programs. • Identify trends in resident care and work with facility teams on quality improvement programs.
* Evaluate nursing and clinical practices for consistency with Standards of Professional Practice, State Nurse Practice Act and compliance with company standards and regulatory requirements.
* Apply leadership skills to assist and direct others towards defined goals.
* “Link” people and resources needed to achieve pre-determined goals. • Assist in managing challenges and facilitate the team toward desired purpose.
* Establish and maintain effective communication with other internal staff and external consultants and partners
* Assist in the interview process for Director of Nursing Services positions.
* Facilitation of the IDT in Care Management processes
* Assist in analysis and direction of nursing department budget.
* Assist in analysis of nursing labor hours.
* PPS and RAI process – clinical implications for reimbursement.
* HMO / Change of Condition / Level Authorization Process
* Active RN license (in good standing) in CA
* Regional experience, preferred
* 5 years long term care experience, required
* Minimum of 2 years as a Director of Nursing