Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a
meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your
talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable
health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the
opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and
advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a
substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures,
talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland
has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and
World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for assisting in the daily management of unit activities including
staff supervision and development, planning, budget, quality and facility
operations and coordinating patient services to ensure high quality patient
care and optimal outcomes.
* Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing; OR,
* Must obtain a Bachelor’s degree within three years of placement in job.
* Must have three years of professional nursing experience.
* Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
* Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network. Skills or Special Abilities:
* Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
* Must be capable of serving as a clinical resource for staff.
* Must have a working knowledge of assigned department operations including policies, personnel and budget management.
* Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, patients, nursing staff, management and administration.
* Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age
(40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information,
disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran
|Job Category||Labor and Delivery|