Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a
meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your
talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable
health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the
opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and
advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a
substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures,
talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland
has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and
World Report every year since 1994.
Administers anesthesia and anesthesia-related care from pre-anesthetic patient
assessment and evaluation through post-anesthetic patient follow-up,
evaluation and care, formulating and carrying out anesthetic patient care
plans in collaboration/consultation with attending anesthesiologists to
facilitate quality patient care, comfort and satisfaction during diagnostic,
therapeutic and surgical procedures.
* Must be a graduate of a Nurse Anesthesia Program accredited by the Council of Nurse Anesthesia (COA) or its predecessor.
* Must have current, valid RN license or valid Compact RN license.
* Must have a current license or temporary authorization (interim approval not to exceed 120 days from date of issuance) as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with authorization to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) by the Texas Board of Nursing.
* Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR (CPR-HP) certification from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
* Must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Systems (ACLS) certification.
* Must have valid national certification as Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) by the National Board of Certification & Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
* Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements as delineated by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedures, if any.
Skills or Special Abilities:
* Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
* Must be able to apply good decision making in anesthetic patient care, demonstrate ethical norms of practice, and respect and maintain patient’s rights.
* Must be able to demonstrate good organizational skills and effective written and verbal communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, patients, patient’s families, and medical staff.
* Must demonstrate patient-centered/patient-valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age
(40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information,
disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran